Author Topic: MWLL vs MWO, need advice/impressions  (Read 21248 times)

Offline Landorin

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +1/-0
Re: MWLL vs MWO, need advice/impressions
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2013, 10:54:12 AM »
Thank you all for your answers!
I'll get back to MWLL once I find the time. :)

Offline Bird_Thing

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +6/-4
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2013, 01:02:21 AM »
I find MWO a bit too easy compared to MWLL (gameplay-wise). Here, there's more strategy and requires the brain to work some more (i.e: don't fight alone, or the use of C3 is quite helpful). In MWO, if you have ECM or some more money than others, you have a rather large advantage. It feels a bit sad when I can take down three heavy 'Mechs while in a Raven (no, really)....

Offline Bill

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +339/-78
  • I can use the Internet to flaunt my fetters.
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2013, 01:36:10 AM »
I did 6 Mechs in my Spider, seems daft.

Offline Malaclypse

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +29/-0
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2013, 06:15:52 AM »

Lol, was that because of how the net code makes fast mechs impossible to hit?  Or some other reason?

Offline ELH_Vivicector

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +49/-4
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2013, 08:42:47 AM »
If you like lags - you will like MWO.
If you like netcode problems, lagshooting and weapons with random fire delay up to 2 seconds - you will like MWO.
If you like grinding money on one and the same 5 maps - you will love MWO.
If you suck at handling your mech in battle and manoeuvring - you will love MWO (with its small maps and narrow passes, where mechs can't even circle strafe).
If you have problems with visual recognition of enemies, but love seeing world in tones of blue and green - you will love MWO's  IR vision (otherwise - too bad, you will still use it 90% of the time).
If you love boating - MWO is your game. 6*PPC Stalkers and 6*SRM6 Catas will be you friends!
Oh, BTW: I hope you love having next to no weapon balance, where AC5 has the least DPS of all ballistics, UAC5 has more  DPS then AC20, but jams randomly and AC2 produce as much heat as a PPC.
I also hope you hate ER energy weapons, since screwed up heat system makes them useless.

Well, those are major points why I hate that game. It tries to get rid of as much skill as possible by introducing a lot of random numbers and small stupid maps.

One could play MWLL for several months and still learn a lot of new things. One can learn all the MWO mechanics in a matter of days.
I was playing in MWO a lot, when it still was in CBT. I got bored before it got out in OBT. Also, lost any hope for a better game then.

Offline :(

• Alphatester
  • Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +57/-14
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2013, 08:44:15 AM »
the maps are just too slow for the game play to be anything near creative.  A medium sized map was just released which is a good sign.  I really blame most of the game play on the maps themselves, they don't have a lot of detail, layout, or design attention from developers. 
The Left Radar boob is your best friend

Offline ELH_Vivicector

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +49/-4
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2013, 08:53:11 AM »
Yea. I can promise, that I can make such map in around a day or so. I clearly don't get, what are they doing with it for more then a month. Get a good hightmap generator, export, edit manually, add a bit of details - release. Well, there should be a "think of a gameplay on a map), but this is clearly not a point here.

Offline Ch3m1kal

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +59/-2
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2013, 11:20:26 AM »
the maps are just too slow for the game play to be anything near creative.  A medium sized map was just released which is a good sign.  I really blame most of the game play on the maps themselves, they don't have a lot of detail, layout, or design attention from developers.

Yeah, Alpine Peaks if fairly large but it sucks to play. The mechs are so damn slow it take forever to get anywhere, but at the same time they can easily climb the highest peaks at full speed so you get a lot of sniping Awesomes perched on mountain tops. Overall it's pretty silly but i guess it does at least provide a bit of variety from the regular corridor shooter maps and it does at least give lights a chance to shine.
Where we're going, we don't need roads.

Offline Incubus 24-7

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +4/-0
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2013, 11:44:06 AM »
I got bored playing MWO after two days (that is approx. 5-6 hours playing time. Either you ROFL stomped the Opposition in a few seconds of combat or your Team was dead after the first Engagement and you where left alone facing the complete opposite Team.

As well all Points mentioned above are true it is just like rolling dice, not about piloting skill.

I f you want a game, that will force you to use your brain -> Play MWLL
Home of the iMech - just apps no guns

Offline Bill

• Living Legend
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2013, 03:01:27 PM »

Lol, was that because of how the net code makes fast mechs impossible to hit?  Or some other reason?

No it's because the player base are morons, I was stiod completely still for four of them...

Offline Squibby

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +54/-0
  • Hanger to core breach in 30 seconds...
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2013, 08:47:27 PM »
Nah it's the netcode mate, the players aren't that hopeless... I die quite easily I stand still. I think we're all a bit butthurt over what happened and while I'm more than in agreement that the game needs a lot more work and content it certainly isn't the absolute shambles we all make it out to be. So let's all chill out because currently we're all acting like the elitist douchebags that inhabit the mwo forums.

Offline Bill

• Living Legend
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2013, 08:58:46 PM »
No, I  literally stood still and shot their cockpits out.

I'm not acting like anything personally, I called what this game would be a long long time ago and am not personally upset about it.  I'm accustomed to the idea that there won't be a lovely new single player MW game now.

For me it's something I'll occasionally dip into, but games like this (WoT being the prime model) are things I grow tired of quite easily because they lack any sort of depth. So to maximise my enjoyment out of it I'll have to take reasonable pauses in playing.

Offline Bloodycrow

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +134/-24
  • "Living Lurker"
    • Planetary League Site
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2013, 09:13:36 PM »
I think we're all a bit butthurt over what happened and while I'm more than in agreement that the game needs a lot more work and content it certainly isn't the absolute shambles we all make it out to be. So let's all chill out because currently we're all acting like the elitist douchebags that inhabit the mwo forums.

Regardless of the fact that we are all here because we obviously enjoy MWLL more, MWO is pretty garbage right now just comparing it to other F2P games on the market. And compared to other beta games on the market. And compared to other FPS games on the market. And compared to other mech games on the market. You get the idea.

Offline eRkkituo

• Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +48/-6
  • Clan Jade Wolf (SCM). Resident ninja developer.
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2013, 09:45:21 PM »
I think we're all a bit butthurt over what happened and while I'm more than in agreement that the game needs a lot more work and content it certainly isn't the absolute shambles we all make it out to be. So let's all chill out because currently we're all acting like the elitist douchebags that inhabit the mwo forums.

Regardless of the fact that we are all here because we obviously enjoy MWLL more, MWO is pretty garbage right now just comparing it to other F2P games on the market. And compared to other beta games on the market. And compared to other FPS games on the market. And compared to other mech games on the market. You get the idea.

Anyone up for a relaxing round of mechassault...?

Offline Tufted Titmouse

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +32/-1
  • But mom said it was MY turn to post!
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2013, 11:06:17 PM »
I know I enjoyed MechAssault more than MWO. I'm pretty sure MA had better weapon balance than MWO, except for the MachineGuns.

Nobody plays it anymore though. Kinda makes me sad.
SPARKLE

PARTY