Author Topic: A question for the wandering samurai dev team  (Read 8720 times)

Offline [CG]Anastasius Focht

• Resident Sociopath
  • Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +3/-9079
  • Precentor Martial
    • Comstar
Re: A question for the wandering samurai dev team
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2013, 09:12:26 AM »
But then again I still remember all the fapping butthurt over sjs small mod they deployed on their servers which saw that entire clan banned for a week or two,

Remember ?

Lets see

the first post was

July 01, 2011, 05:44:50 PM

by

July 01, 2011, 07:42:09 PM »

we had

FULL STOP from everyone. This is a crazy situation that will be resolved.

http://forum.mechlivinglegends.net/index.php/topic,14685.0.html

A week or two ? try a few hours before the matter was addressed.

In the large view CSJ still post here today as do CJW. Despite the actions of the few, the powers that be here have never held that against the members of their respective clans.

This in and of itself speaks to the fact that those who call the shots here have been paragons of fair play.

That you would try and bring this up(and distort the facts) as a counter measure reeks of desperation.

History shows that when the final decision was made, its been fair and reasonable everytime, despite your attempt to paint it otherwise.

You should be embarrassed at having tried to present it otherwise

Don't worry, you're not the only one. Just so its clear, any blanket ban that was put on SJ is invalid and will be removed as soon as we can unwrap this mess.

4 hours later and the blanket ban was publically lifted, yet you claim it lasted 2 weeks ?.........
Cool story bro.......

This is a mod built out of love for all the BT/MW fans out there, and that has not changed because one person took power into their own hands recklessly.

And what do you know that same dynamic was applied when HAARP stepped out of line

CJW as a clan was not punished because one person (HAARP) took power into their own hands recklessly........

These facts speak for themselves.......

« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 09:35:33 AM by [CG]Anastasius Focht »
You have to understand the code of duty and honor that rules those who pilot these engines of destruction. Placing such an awesome weapon in the hands of an individual implies a similar gesture of trust

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Anastasius_Focht

Offline Tornado92

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +9/-9
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2013, 10:22:40 AM »
Oh Focht, never stop being the brownnosing ignorant little shit that we know and despise you for. The day you form an independent opinion will be a sad day indeed.

Offline Xesle

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +84/-19
  • Git gud scrubs
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2013, 01:22:41 PM »
The sad thing is that all the SJ nonsense was nearly 2 years ago, yet look how far we've come now.  Folks openly insulting each other in this thread, multiple other metathreads whining about the community elsewhere, and Alfalphacat's apparently still got a stick shoved so far up his bum that he cannot take a simple joke down in toast.

I hate to be the one to come outright and say it (or maybe somebody else has already elsewhere that I've not read), but this community has essentially torn itself apart in recent months and there's not going to be any piecing it back together at this point.

As much as it pains me to say it, the common /vg/ phrase "dead thread, dead game" seems applicable here.

'Twas a fun ride everyone.

Prodigal son my ass.

Offline eRkkituo

• Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +48/-6
  • Clan Jade Wolf (SCM). Resident ninja developer.
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2013, 02:10:08 PM »
The sad thing is that all the SJ nonsense was nearly 2 years ago, yet look how far we've come now.  Folks openly insulting each other in this thread, multiple other metathreads whining about the community elsewhere, and Alfalphacat's apparently still got a stick shoved so far up his bum that he cannot take a simple joke down in toast.

I hate to be the one to come outright and say it (or maybe somebody else has already elsewhere that I've not read), but this community has essentially torn itself apart in recent months and there's not going to be any piecing it back together at this point.

As much as it pains me to say it, the common /vg/ phrase "dead thread, dead game" seems applicable here.

'Twas a fun ride everyone.

Ultimately, I blame PGI. Not for everything, but for the conclusion.

Offline Deathbane

• MWLL Contributor
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +165/-14
  • Fun now allowed
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2013, 04:16:46 PM »
Desperation? Whats to be desperate about? Its not like the mod is going anywhere. If that ban did indeed only last four hours it doesn't change my point. Entire clan banned for one script that disabled base turrets. The fact only about four members of that once 25 ish strong group still post speaks volumes.

Then the over the top cheat protection that made the game take hours to load, and we still had flying demolishers and haarp modifying his xmls. Me and Defender have had our chat ages ago and like I said haarp never recieved anything from anyone in the team to do his small sub mod.  A mod of a mod is hardly treated with such vitriol anywhere else, so the only conclusion I could reach were that fears existed that the altered gameplay would prove more popular or something. The other reasoning to go so full force after a small sub mod, which was clearly labelled as such, made no sense to me at the time and still doesnt.

To me later additions such as burst fire etc show a more open approach where peoples beta feedback suggestions were finally taken seriously, albeit at too late a stage. The very fact I cant even mention anything on this without getting a page of condescending text, even whilst remaining civil about it, really drives my point home.

I've realised now that is doesn't actually matter whatever I, CJW or anyone else does for the community - be it continuing to support haarp and erk in running expensive servers which the majority of the remaining players use, installers which allow for new guys to get the game installed quicker, start and host svns for the remainder of the mapping team.

Saying this is not disrespectful of the team, only my own observations on being both an ex developer and a fan for the game. I have the greatest respect for people who have put anytime into the MWLL project, as its a game i immensely enjoyed and the community was one of the best. I even thanked the likes of vlaad for their hard work when the project closed.. I don't see where your opinion I have it out for the dev team, people I used to talk to on teamspeak and work with really fits.

I do think im allowed to express an opinion, and at the end of the day it was me trying to not take either side that got me into this position. I guess I'm to blame for trying to consider how our players feedback could fit into the overall game design, and my anger at how nothing was seemingly ever tried of it (whilst I was on the team, I'll add) eventually got to me.

But no, I have no hatred for the project, or really anybody on it. Im simply just entirely burnt out by the stand off relationship that has always existed between the developers and the fans, and also having played on it and worked on it/for it in some capacity since the initial release.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 04:50:22 PM by Deathbane »
"Arguing about battlemechs off the field of battle is like arguing as a spheroid, even if you win, you're still a freebirth!"

'It's too bad they don't have a "Report to Mother button", I bet you'd be slapping that one twenty-four-seven so she'd come dry your tears when your own idiocy leads you to failure in a game on the internet.' - dimachaerus

New idea- would I be able to use an external hard drive to add RAM and/or improve gigahertz?

Offline Knightcrawler

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +39/-0
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2013, 04:32:44 PM »
I'm just gonna say it. I remember ExoSquad being (probably more) awesome (than it actually was), and if Wandering Samurai did a commercial game as a team, that franchise is so well and buried that they'd probably give you guys a commercial license. I mean, the composer for that series released the soundtrack for free on his own.

Offline Deathbane

• MWLL Contributor
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +165/-14
  • Fun now allowed
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2013, 04:37:44 PM »
I've never seen it  :(, I'll have to dig it out and give it a watch Knight. The intro on youtube makes it look pretty good for when it was made.
"Arguing about battlemechs off the field of battle is like arguing as a spheroid, even if you win, you're still a freebirth!"

'It's too bad they don't have a "Report to Mother button", I bet you'd be slapping that one twenty-four-seven so she'd come dry your tears when your own idiocy leads you to failure in a game on the internet.' - dimachaerus

New idea- would I be able to use an external hard drive to add RAM and/or improve gigahertz?

Offline Knightcrawler

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +39/-0
« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2013, 04:55:44 PM »
Just found out it's on Hulu. Better quality than on YouTube, and all the eps.

Offline Bill

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +340/-78
  • I can use the Internet to flaunt my fetters.
« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2013, 05:45:53 PM »
Oh Focht, never stop being the brownnosing ignorant little shit that we know and despise you for. The day you form an independent opinion will be a sad day indeed.

Must tow party line....

But hey, we all know me and Focht (despite no ill will on the part of either party, at least I know on my part) don't exactly see eye to eye. I don't suffer sycophantism (at least perceived, as hell I can't read minds), or personal attacks on my mental health very well.

I do feel he's done a lot more to harm this ever shrinking community since his adoption into his position than good. Wolf on the other hand has been marvellous.

Deathbane raised my main problem with mwll (whilst it was still in active development ofc) very eloquently and matter of factly, as well as raising a very good secondary one (that you don't know which side your bread is buttered,both pre & post development, towards anyone with differing opinions).

Imho a fairly good job had been done in alienating your core community for the sake of personal vanity.

Bare in mind I'm not meaning these statements as judgements, it's just the impressions I've garnered from them.

Oh and finally, Twinkle you seemingly have a personal problem with Bane as you lamely raise this issue whenever you get the opportunity.

Ill state once more for prosperities sake, the changes that were made on NFB totally reinvigorated the game for me, I was very close to giving up the game for a very long period.

Anyway, you're all lovely.

Edit: Also it's been a while since we had a thread where we all moaned at each other hehe. Been quite a fun read :D

Lets bum.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 05:58:45 PM by Bill »

Offline Bird_Thing

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +7/-4
« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2013, 07:14:03 PM »
Bird_Thing, that omnitech mod is most good.
Good to hear. :) (Though you should tell that to our lead developer, as he's put in the most work)

Offline eRkkituo

• Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +48/-6
  • Clan Jade Wolf (SCM). Resident ninja developer.
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2013, 08:02:51 PM »

• Resident Sociopath
  • Star Captain
  • Precentor Martial
    • Comstar
« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2013, 10:07:41 PM »
Ill state once more for prosperities sake, the changes that were made on NFB totally reinvigorated the game for me, I was very close to giving up the game for a very long period.

And then we have another opinion (lifted from your CJW forums  ;) )

The changes suck. Clearly and fully suck. It looks like "ha, I like this variant, I don't like that variant, so i will change it to shit". No real base under variant changes. What's more, those changes can't be used as a balancing info since there are too many of them and they are not following any logic. No coolant - great! But then we get some random additional HSs, that have no tonnage base or anything, not allowing us to see those weapons real behaviour in those conditions.
Then you change variants you don't like to shit, not even thinking about balance or tonnage or anything. This is not the way it should be done.

But the most important part of it is splitting the community even further. Sometimes we may not have enough people to fill at least one server. I can only imagine the frustration for the new players

Ive always supported the creators rights to see the game presented in line with their vision of how it should be.
If it helps some to sleep at night to spin that as brown nosing, well thats their opinion, everybodys got one as the saying goes.

Mine is that the artist has every right to reserve the right to see their worked presented as envisioned, and not bastardised.
Thats their choice to make, and they made it
Its my personal opinion and for similar reasons in the post i quoted that thats the right way to go
You have to understand the code of duty and honor that rules those who pilot these engines of destruction. Placing such an awesome weapon in the hands of an individual implies a similar gesture of trust

• Resident Sociopath
  • Star Captain
  • Precentor Martial
    • Comstar
« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2013, 10:24:00 PM »
Desperation? Whats to be desperate about? Its not like the mod is going anywhere. If that ban did indeed only last four hours it doesn't change my point. Entire clan banned for one script that disabled base turrets. The fact only about four members of that once 25 ish strong group still post speaks volumes.

Desperation as in trying to take an event years old, distort the facts about it in order to make your point in this thread.

Doing that to bolster your argument is really scrapping the bottom of the barrel, young fella me lad.

Just so its clear, any blanket ban that was put on SJ is invalid and will be removed

There was never an "official" blanket ban on any clan

One person made an error of judgement (and who hasnt at one stage or another) and within hours it was lifted.

And now youve tried to lay this at the feet of the very people who acted swiftly to put things right ?

You tried to paint a picture where injustice and unfairness is the prevaling theme here.

But the facts speak for themselves, nothing could be further from the truth

No clan has ever been punished for the actions of single members, despite that being an accepted precident in other games.

Unable to present any real argument to bolster your case in this thread, you scrape the bottom of the barrel and throw up a twisted and false version of events long over....... i call that an act of desperation

Weve been given for free what i consider to be the best BT game ever made, and i dont consider respecting the creators decision to present it as they intended, much of a price to pay in return.

I get that its a polarised topic, and minds are not going to change either side of the debate

So thats my final word on this one
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 10:38:46 PM by [CG]Anastasius Focht »

Offline =CJW= Zweistein000 (W)

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +222/-72
  • Trial of position ended; Rank: Warrior
    • Urbie Defense By (TLL)CapperDeluxe
« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2013, 10:57:29 PM »
witch hunt

It was more than a just a witch hunt and those in question know damn well why it wasn't.
It's just ironic to talk about about fidelity and trust in the core team while knowing full well the shit we had to go through internally to secure our own hard work.

Though I guess first-hand experience goes a long way towards retrospect.

QFT

I'm unashamedly loyal to the team and the hard work they put into this project.
They have a perfect right to present that work in accordance with the creators vision, and not marred

to damage or spoil to a certain extent; render less perfect, attractive, useful, etc.; impair or spoil:

By the arbitrary vision of those who only hijacked that effort

Focht.. You are the Zmago Jelinčič Plemeniti of the MWLL team, where Defender is Janez Janša.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 11:08:59 PM by =CJW= Zweistein000 (W) »
Vote Bill for multidimentional sex warlock 2013.

Quote from: Bin Fish link=http://cjw.dyndns.biz/forum/profile.php?10,12
Don't sniff anything Bill gives you and never find yourself alone with HAARP

Offline Tornado92

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +9/-9
« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2013, 12:23:16 AM »

And then we have another opinion (lifted from your CJW forums  ;) )
The changes suck. Clearly and fully suck. It looks like "ha, I like this variant, I don't like that variant, so i will change it to shit". No real base under variant changes. What's more, those changes can't be used as a balancing info since there are too many of them and they are not following any logic. No coolant - great! But then we get some random additional HSs, that have no tonnage base or anything, not allowing us to see those weapons real behaviour in those conditions.
Then you change variants you don't like to shit, not even thinking about balance or tonnage or anything. This is not the way it should be done.

But the most important part of it is splitting the community even further. Sometimes we may not have enough people to fill at least one server. I can only imagine the frustration for the new players
Not everyone will agree with everything? HOLD THE FUCKING PRESSES, WE HAVE THE SECOND COMING OF SAINT OBVIOUS!

What's that gonna do, counter the argument? You gonna ignore the fact that NFb brought in shittons of players (some of which had sworn off the game at that point)?
You have even helpfully not-pointed out the key difference. Which would be the fact that the post you quoted was part of a discussion that I allowed to take place and eventually convinced me to revise some of my changes. It's such an astounding concept that you couldn't even realize it!
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 12:29:03 AM by Tornado92 »