Author Topic: Project Phoenix Down  (Read 13288 times)

Offline Because people mistake me for someone else

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +45/-9
  • Dispenser of Hate & Justice, unlimited ammo still
Re: Project Phoenix Down
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2013, 09:19:04 AM »
edit
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 02:50:05 AM by HAARP-fahrer »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0976embDvhY&feature=youtu.be
*Counterstacking by OneManArmy.dll*
"Why so hateful ?" "I am, and you are too"

Offline Starch1ld

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +47/-25
  • hi
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2013, 12:45:52 PM »
Sorry to have mislead you there,Starchild, but Iīm not HAARP, just Radfahrer ;)
The name was chosen to show that certain people cannot be ducked, cause their spirit is indestructible.
Oh, i didn't know that...anyway, no problem  ;)

Offline Sxooter

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +114/-30
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2013, 07:28:17 AM »
Even though I donīt speak Italian, my mind was able to recollect enough Latin to make me understand enough to be deeply disappointed by these former "colleagues" of yours.
+9001 for you, man !
+9001 by HAARP, it's almost an honor for me..thanks  ;D
Yes...actually the reason for that is that the Italian MWO community is little...(about 100 players, and many of them aren't active anymore).
If I start to bring people here, things will get bad for the Italian MWO merc-corps (actually there is only a one, big merc corp) who will play the Community Warfare (when it will come...maybe in 2-3 years, when that game - hopefully - will be dead..  :) ).
BTW, I already found some players (MWLL italian players i mean) and sent them emails about the event. Hope they will come...  :-\

EDIT: Oh, forgot to say that, in the middle of the flame in the Corp forum, one guy said (indirectly) that Gouty is a "c**** who doesn't follow the MWO forum rules, and that they were right to remove his post".
I asked them: "well, tell me why the topics about MW2 and MW4, Star Citizen and other games are still there, then..."
They said, obvioulsy: "it's different... blah blah blah...MWO is the spiritual successor of MW4 and MW2...blah blah blah..."

Their defensiveness betrays their true feelings. If they didn't see MW:LL as good enough to be competition, they wouldn't get their panties all wadded up over it.  Imagine changing the announcement to an old game, say Battlezone1 and a "Let's all play together on Saturday" thread. What would their reaction be. "Oh let's go and try a game we used to play" not their childish name calling.

Can they see the end game and feel cheated?  I mean it's quite possible that in two years there will still be a few populated MW:LL servers around and nothing but trolltastic filled MWO servers? Sure it is.

The single advantage of MW:LL to me is the way it connects you with other players. You play for 30 to 90 minutes on mostly the same team (barring switching to level the teams). Longer matches with a lot of the same players feels "homey" in a good way. One match Fisko is busy blasted the terrain in a hgauss aero on your side, the next he's in a vtrol on the other side messing your day up. You love him and hate him, and it's not gonna happen in any other game with giant stompy robots. I love and hate aero, tanks, hovers, BAs, mechs, and vtrols depending on what I'm playing in.

Combined arms sets MW:LL so far apart from MWO that they truly are different games. Balancing is hard work, and yet no matter how good your enemy's aeros are, you can roll out a few huits and partyvans to counter them. And if they're all in demos and morrys you out cap them and swarm base holders. And all this can happen in one game, in sequence, etc.

The wonders of driving a cougar into combat, and saving it by just a bit to have enough to buy a bushy or whammy or stormcrow or even an atlas or awesome, can be quite rewarding.
The feeling when you get so much money you can buy almost anything on the menu, and you grab a nice medium or heavy because your team's ahead by 200 points and you don't want to be all stompy.

The immediate transfer of 40k into your account when you're playing and need to buy a certain big asset. They'll never feel that in MWO. And I pity them for it.

Offline Galaxy613

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +1/-0
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2013, 02:48:12 PM »
I used to love playing MW:LL, what's the IP for the Outreach server? I'll definitely try to jump on.
On the internet, no one can hear you sarcasm.

Offline Rajveer

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +8/-0
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2013, 05:42:40 PM »
Looks like I won't be able to make Friday either now :(

Offline Bird_Thing

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +6/-4
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2013, 09:41:49 PM »
Their defensiveness betrays their true feelings. If they didn't see MW:LL as good enough to be competition, they wouldn't get their panties all wadded up over it.  Imagine changing the announcement to an old game, say Battlezone1 and a "Let's all play together on Saturday" thread. What would their reaction be. "Oh let's go and try a game we used to play" not their childish name calling.

Can they see the end game and feel cheated?  I mean it's quite possible that in two years there will still be a few populated MW:LL servers around and nothing but trolltastic filled MWO servers? Sure it is.

The single advantage of MW:LL to me is the way it connects you with other players. You play for 30 to 90 minutes on mostly the same team (barring switching to level the teams). Longer matches with a lot of the same players feels "homey" in a good way. One match Fisko is busy blasted the terrain in a hgauss aero on your side, the next he's in a vtrol on the other side messing your day up. You love him and hate him, and it's not gonna happen in any other game with giant stompy robots. I love and hate aero, tanks, hovers, BAs, mechs, and vtrols depending on what I'm playing in.

Combined arms sets MW:LL so far apart from MWO that they truly are different games. Balancing is hard work, and yet no matter how good your enemy's aeros are, you can roll out a few huits and partyvans to counter them. And if they're all in demos and morrys you out cap them and swarm base holders. And all this can happen in one game, in sequence, etc.

The wonders of driving a cougar into combat, and saving it by just a bit to have enough to buy a bushy or whammy or stormcrow or even an atlas or awesome, can be quite rewarding.
The feeling when you get so much money you can buy almost anything on the menu, and you grab a nice medium or heavy because your team's ahead by 200 points and you don't want to be all stompy.

The immediate transfer of 40k into your account when you're playing and need to buy a certain big asset. They'll never feel that in MWO. And I pity them for it.
This ^
Especially the 'homey' part.

• Star Captain
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2013, 04:15:21 AM »
Looks like I won't be able to make Friday either now :(

This makes me go QQ ...

------------

And to the Italianos that are too fixated on MW:O to hop over their own shadows : they miss out ON A WHOLE LOTTA STOMPING ... their own fault ^^

Offline Gouty

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +137/-5
  • =CJW= Chief Whip
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2013, 11:13:14 AM »
EDIT: Oh, forgot to say that, in the middle of the flame in the Corp forum, one guy said (indirectly) that Gouty is a "c**** who doesn't follow the MWO forum rules, and that they were right to remove his post".
Haha, I have Italian fans, maybe they think I am Kluver too.

It's lucky I'm not easily offended, isn't it?

Anyway, unfortunately, I have a last minute trip that I am leaving for on Saturday morning.  So I'll be about for a few hours on the Friday, but not the rest of the weekend!  Sod's Law.

I still expect everyone who can turn up to do so! and to hear lots of stories about epic MWLL battles when I return.  Then I'll have to organise something else so I can actually enjoy it!
"Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam"
If you take this seriously, you're some kind of mouth-breathing fappwit that shouldn't have survived infancy.

Offline Starch1ld

• Lance Captain
  • hi
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2013, 12:54:33 PM »
And to the Italianos that are too fixated on MW:O to hop over their own shadows : they miss out ON A WHOLE LOTTA STOMPING ... their own fault ^^
My only hope is to see them playing here in the days of the event, so i can troll them with Donar ATM, Shiva HGauss or Anaconda...and legging them!
But they prefer to play a buggy and an unbalanced game (and most of them often complain for its problems ;D ), so i don't think that they will come...too bad :(

Offline Marlin

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +15/-15
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2013, 06:47:25 PM »
Wont be able to be much online at Saturday, but prolly Friday and def. Sunday. So, there will be at least one giant target around for ye. :)
Watch "Save the Supers" you will get some laughs in.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYvc6E-Wjbo

Should I ever be listed at the top of my team, then we have a serious problem.

Offline fractura_laniatus

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +10/-0
  • Heat level critical
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2013, 01:10:10 AM »
Definitely in on this.

Have we nailed down what servers for TS yet, or is it just "show up on Outreach"?  Finding a specific channel on Outreach is like looking for a needle in a pile of needles.  I heard something about CJW hosting the TS?  If they are I'll need the info for that server. 

I'll see if I can get my friend playing too...
Nuke Nibbles!  Taste the armageddon in your mouth!

Offline Starch1ld

• Lance Captain
  • hi
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2013, 02:58:05 AM »
I heard something about CJW hosting the TS?  If they are I'll need the info for that server. 

AFAIK they also host a TS3 server at the same address - cjw.dyndns.biz -

I'll see if I can get my friend playing too...

Already tried to bring them here, but they are the classic CoD fanboys. "CoD best game evr and everything else sux!!"  :-X

Offline Ivaan

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +44/-0
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2013, 04:22:58 PM »
I'm in.
Probably not on all days though, but I'm sure I will find some free hours to play.

• Star Captain
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2013, 01:53:32 PM »
Excellent !
The more the merrier !

Offline Gouty

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +137/-5
  • =CJW= Chief Whip
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2013, 04:37:49 PM »
I can smell it
"Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam"
If you take this seriously, you're some kind of mouth-breathing fappwit that shouldn't have survived infancy.