Author Topic: Titanfall  (Read 4426 times)

Offline SquareSphere

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +228/-6
  • pancake slinging, Square (care) Bear of MWLL
    • 12th Vegan Rangers - Boards
Re: Titanfall
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2014, 07:27:02 PM »
Alright, it's Titan Fall launch day. Anyone else playing? I actually got the game due to an awesome 25% off coupon from green man gaming for the PC version.

My thought it'll be fun as a casual shooter, but with no 'league' or multiplayer "campaign" it's going to fizzle out.

Offline Xesle

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +84/-19
  • Git gud scrubs
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2014, 10:19:21 PM »
I've heard from some folks who played the beta that the titans are pitifully easy to bring down, is this true? Also something about an overpowered pistol which has built in aim assist and can kill a Titan with a single magdump to the backside.

Prodigal son my ass.

Offline Rajveer

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +8/-0
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2014, 11:37:24 PM »
If you're skilled you can last for a while in a Titan, it's all about knowing when to commit and when to back down and regenerate health. After a few upgrades there are some nice upgrades such as the electric-smoke-thingy which electrocutes any pilots who attach themselves to your Titan. Also the auto-aim pistol needs multiple locks to take someone down and getting those locks takes a while, so it's only really effecting against campers. Which is fair I think.

Make no mistake though, this isn't a Mech game, but for a fast-paced shooter I found it really fun.

Offline [CW] CyclonerM

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +3/-0
  • MechWarrior CyclonerM, Clan Wolf Alpha Galaxy
    • www.clan-wolf.info
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2014, 11:41:49 PM »
I really hate the way the mechs, or i supposed they're called titans, move. They're just oversized soldiers and i think they look stupid. Also it's just CoD with mechs so fapp that noise, there are few things on the planet worse than CoD and double fapp it becase it's one the Xbone.

Agreed.

Offline Xesle

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +84/-19
  • Git gud scrubs
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2014, 01:28:48 AM »
How does the regenerating health function for the mechs?  Does one simply need to sit in a corner and cry for a few moments like in call of duty or perhaps the player has to enter something similar to the repair mode in hawken where their vehicle powers down and becomes completely vulnerable?

Prodigal son my ass.

Offline Askis

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +55/-5
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2014, 06:55:12 AM »
Haven't played it myself yet, but from videos I've seen it looked like the Titan's actual health doesn't regenerate, you do have a shield that does, but that can only take two or three real hits and it recharges rather slowly.

Offline SquareSphere

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +228/-6
  • pancake slinging, Square (care) Bear of MWLL
    • 12th Vegan Rangers - Boards
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2014, 03:43:58 PM »
The titans have a shield that regen and "health" that doesn't like Askis said. The Titan combat feels  a lot like Blacklight:Retribution, from a higher vantage point with more limited "boost" mobility but traded for spriting.

Default, a Titan has a "magnetic shield" that will catch projectiles sent at you which you throw back on release. It's honestly the mechanic that makes the Titan feel more "mech tactical" since the decision is about damage mitigation, kind of like the decision rotating your torso to spread damage in MW.

I do like the various command modes you can to issue your Titan. You can make it follow you as a bodyguard or tell it to guard a spot. It makes a Titan a lot more versatile for combat decisions.

Want to get more games in before I weigh in on how Titan combat feels.

Offline Zaro27

• Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +57/-0
  • Nicest Motherfapper Here
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2014, 07:50:24 AM »
I'm getting it shortly. I played the beta. The combat is fun. It's not a mech-simulator, so don't even try comparing it to one. For what it is, it's really good.
I want to put a bullet between the eyes of every panda that won't screw to save it's species. I want to open the dump valves on oil tankers and smother all those French beaches I'll never see. I want to breathe smoke. I want to destroy something beautiful.

Offline Silvercraft

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +43/-0
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2016, 07:55:35 PM »
Another mech game doing ok out there...

As of October 2015, Titanfall's sales passed 10 million globally.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/10/05/titanfall-sales-pass-10-million-globally
Working on a sequel too.