Author Topic: MechWarrior - Forever Legends  (Read 34378 times)

Offline Starch1ld

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +47/-25
  • hi
Re: MechWarrior - Forever Legends
« Reply #165 on: March 24, 2014, 06:49:28 AM »
Omg fractura your wots are so painful to read  :o
I guess he just meant "guys, if you signed up, then STFU and play..."I would say that too.
If you aren't sure you can make it just don't sign up. Simple.

Offline xInVicTuSx

• Apprentice Dev
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +193/-5
  • Knight of the Inner Sphere
« Reply #166 on: March 24, 2014, 08:13:21 AM »
The irony is, I told everyone before hand KoS was sort of a question mark, I hadn't talked to any of my guys in months.
But somehow when the appointed time came we would meet from the four corners of the earth.

How we managed to be among the three only really active units kind of disturbs me.
On the other hand... much of KoS are former Alpha Testers or minor Devs... so we are pretty used to showing up on a schedule.
-Invictus ne Vindicetur-

Offline Defender

• Creative Director
  • Project Director
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +65535/-65535
  • CHAOTIC NEUTRAL
    • Patrick Salerno's Porfolio
« Reply #167 on: March 24, 2014, 09:45:37 AM »
…it was almost as if the clouds had parted, for there's always clouds in this kind of imagery, and the Developers delivered their message from on high.   Defender; creator, messenger of the Developers, speaketh!  Get your shit together people.   ???

Yes. Indeed.
This is how it works.
I do bestow a divine radiance as my presence always brings sadness, cheer, and confusion in my wake.

I part the clouds of dissolution to bring my witty, yet somewhat blunt statements from the heavens, to the ears of my people. I am appreciative of the efforts I've seen to keep MWLL alive, and my statement is more in jest with a dash of bitter disappointment laced within. As I am one of the last remaining of the holy chosen ones whom hath delivered MWLL unto thee, the message I deliver is to get your shit together.

You're the only ones who can keep MWLL active.

Keep the tournaments going and just manage your expectations. The tourneys will keep MWLL active with semi-regular play, and it gives a reason for people to keep coming back every week/month while still bringing in new players. Set schedules, fill the blanks, let people fill in on a whim and if you can't muster enough to do Clan v Clan, then just do public tournaments in a similar format. Require TS and a server password and go for it. Keep score, record, and post results.

doItFaggot.meme
"A Goal without Vision is a Hallucination"

"An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded."

Offline RDL_Vitos

• Apprentice Dev
  • Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +31/-2
  • RDL. Mechwarrior <TAU> (Clan Nova Cat) Heavy Arms
« Reply #168 on: March 24, 2014, 02:31:11 PM »
Saturday , 22. 03. 2012 , RDL vs KoS - 2 : 1.

Yes any stream will be good /
Added streams for first 2 drops. Need to upload the third one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eykvG8BH2E

later add more with other cameras

Offline Pabst

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +5/-0
« Reply #169 on: March 25, 2014, 01:40:15 AM »
"I meant BKS was abusing itself more in that video than anyone else, you  guys were ragin."
LOL indeed. People are taking this shit wayyyy to seriously. :o :o 8)

Offline xInVicTuSx

• Apprentice Dev
  • Living Legend
« Reply #170 on: March 25, 2014, 06:32:23 AM »
Something about getting together into units for organized events gives MWLL players cancer.
We've always had problems with 5v5s and the number of successful tournaments over the 4+ years of MWLL can be counted on one hand.

I will see how many people go for 2v2 as it is the minimum organization required by players without being 1v1 (which MWLL wasn't made for).
If we don't get many people for it then I probably won't try any mini leagues from lack of confidence in people caring or showing up.
If everyone comes in and says "that's awesome vic!" but doesn't want to play, this does not help my confidence in making more events. :P
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 06:37:54 AM by xInVicTuSx »
-Invictus ne Vindicetur-

Offline Chezzar

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +24/-0
« Reply #171 on: March 25, 2014, 08:43:08 AM »
Something about getting together into units for organized events gives MWLL players cancer.
We've always had problems with 5v5s and the number of successful tournaments over the 4+ years of MWLL can be counted on one hand.

I will see how many people go for 2v2 as it is the minimum organization required by players without being 1v1 (which MWLL wasn't made for).
If we don't get many people for it then I probably won't try any mini leagues from lack of confidence in people caring or showing up.
If everyone comes in and says "that's awesome vic!" but doesn't want to play, this does not help my confidence in making more events. :P

I think it's not lack of interest, but lack of time. At last in my case it was lack of time (Night shifts every weekend).

Offline xInVicTuSx

• Apprentice Dev
  • Living Legend
« Reply #172 on: March 25, 2014, 09:10:21 AM »
Games can be scheduled though, there were several weeks where i couldn't play because of night shift weekends but was still able to play earlier in the day.

I realize people are low on time sometimes, but at least make an effort to figure something out... if you want to play such events that is. If you just want to play MWLL normally I'm not bitching at you. :P

Like, we could make SUPER UNITS! that have like 15 people in them in the hopes that 5 of them will be available on a certain day. Try something....

-Invictus ne Vindicetur-

Offline =KoS= Saber15

• Alphatester
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +181/-2
  • RIP AND TEAR
« Reply #173 on: March 27, 2014, 12:43:23 AM »

On the other hand... much of KoS are former Alpha Testers or minor Devs... so we are pretty used to showing up on a schedule.

Every KoS member that showed up was an alpha tester or a dev.  :P
"Concentrate on the moment, each moment is its own reality. It has a particular thisness. You can't predict, but you can explain. Or try. If you are observant, and lucky, you can say, this is why this is happening! It's very interesting!"

Offline duelist

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +211/-0
« Reply #174 on: March 31, 2014, 02:38:27 PM »
And with that the first round of the Mechwarrior Forever Legends Tournament is over. Thanks to all that participated: players, organizers, steamers and everyone who worked hard to showcase our community. The second round is a ways off-expect it to be in June or July 2014. On behalf of both BKS and the tourney directors-bye for now.

Duelist  8)