Author Topic: Command and Conquer: Renegade X  (Read 4893 times)

Offline RDL_Vitos

• Apprentice Dev
  • Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +33/-3
  • RDL. Mechwarrior <TAU> (Clan Nova Cat) Heavy Arms
Re: Command and Conquer: Renegade X
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2014, 10:25:08 AM »

Offline Mech Daddy

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +18/-54
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2014, 08:01:33 PM »
Protip to those who are starting;

Don't use the in-game server browser, instead use the launcher one. Connecting via the in-game server browser throws you in to random servers for some reason instead of the one you chose.

Also, loving the new Mammoth tanks (you can fire the missiles at the same time you fire your cannons).

Offline Defender

• Creative Director
  • Project Director
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +65535/-65535
  • CHAOTIC NEUTRAL
    • Patrick Salerno's Porfolio
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2014, 09:14:51 PM »
That's a good factoid. Couldn't connect with the others I was playing with so from the in-game browser you pick the server you want then hit the enter IP button and type it in if you're already in game.
"A Goal without Vision is a Hallucination"

"An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded."

Offline Cherno

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +24/-23
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2014, 12:40:13 AM »
Protip to those who are starting;

Don't use the in-game server browser, instead use the launcher one. Connecting via the in-game server browser throws you in to random servers for some reason instead of the one you chose.
[...]

Heh, nice to know. I was wondering why the servers I joined were nearlyempty when I selected a 32 player one in the menu :D

Been playing the game another few hours today. On the ice map (with the hill between both bases and the controllable missile and machinegun turrets), I managed to nuke GDI's Vehicle Factory. Five minutes later, they rush our base with APCs! How does this happen?!?

Also, airstrikes can get really annoying when they get spammed every 5 seconds. What I hate most however are tankers that don't bother to kill snipers that in turn take out the faithful egineers that have to keep the tanks running.

This is definitely a game similar to MWLL where you need good teamplay to secure victory, especialy in the first five minutes when no mines are available and one rush can take out the most important buildings at the start of the match (Vehicle Factory for GDI and Hand of Nod for... Nod).

Must..find..clan... :D

Offline ~SJ~ Atlessa

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +80/-1
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2014, 01:02:42 AM »
What engine do they use? The interface seems familiar...

In soviet clanspace, trinary bids you.

Offline Cherno

• MechWarrior
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2014, 08:13:01 PM »
I played another couple of rounds today and I fell like I'm starting to get a hang of things. Somehow I managed to a be always on the winning team, maybe it was my effort to protect the base from infiltrators that contributed in a major way :) I have noticed that the first few minutes are critical; If one team managed to rush the enemy base and destroy a key structure, the game will be decided. So I just take an engineer, grab my carbine and wait at the entrances of the infantry-only approaches until I can lay mines, after that it's just a manner of checking the minefield every now and then, and holding the enemy at bay. The actual offensives are not of interest to me, I am more of an "enabler" or force-multiplier ;)

Offline Mech Daddy

• MechWarrior
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2014, 05:02:53 PM »
^Hotwire with the Tiberium auto rifle hnnnngh

Offline Mech Daddy

• MechWarrior
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2014, 10:00:04 PM »
Time to bump this shit.

Patch happened, going to test it now. The stupid crashing should be fixed. Also Stealth tanks nerfed :(

Offline Cherno

• MechWarrior
« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2014, 11:43:28 PM »
Time to resurrect this thread once more ;)

Beta 3 has been released a few weeks ago, it fixes a lot of Bugs and we finally see endgame cinematics after each match, and it doesn't crash after every other game as before. In fact, I only had one crash so far in 20+ hours of playing. There's also a nice Launcher where you can select the server you want to play on directly, and after each match everyone can vote for the next map that will be played. So far, I'm very pleased with the new version and I'm currently pondering joining the EKT clan for some more organized game.. Punlic matches can get aggravating aas we all know ;)

Offline Mech Daddy

• MechWarrior
« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2014, 12:24:49 AM »
Ahh time to hop back in I guess. Hopefully there's some players.