Author Topic: MW4 - necromancy in practice thread  (Read 2085 times)

Offline ZifStone

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +0/-0
MW4 - necromancy in practice thread
« on: February 02, 2014, 03:18:57 PM »
Hi, everybody!

I think it is very funny that I create this thread in MWLL forum.
But I just want to ask MWLL community - does anybody still interested in MW4?
If so I want to suggest to make some modding experiments with it.
I know that I'm just "another-guy-which-wants-to-mod-MW4" but I have trump card: I made stats rebalancer which can modify weapon and mech stats in game.
It can't add new weapon or mech but it is possible to create MW4 which game experience is rather different.

Offline AlfalphaCat

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +104/-19
  • Still here, and still queer for the MW:LLs! :P
Re: MW4 - necromancy in practice thread
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2014, 01:27:06 AM »
Sounds like a way to cheese it up.

You should just play LL.  It's free, and loads better than MW4.

I suck!! But WE are AWESOME.  We started a unit.  What's that?!  YOU WANNA TOUCH MY UNIT?!! :P ^^12thVR Recruitment Page(clickthepic) ;)

Offline (TLL)KitLightning

• Resident Necromancer
  • Apprentice Dev
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +524/-2
  • πάντα ρει, και ουδέν μένει
    • The Living Legends
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2014, 02:28:58 AM »
Last I played MW4 it was nothing but reduncelous alpha-builds all over the place... oh wait that might be another mod I'm thinking off :-[

BUG Reports                                    Technical Issues                                       Install Errors

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~Albert Einstein
                                     "It'll take time to restore chaos" ~George W. Bush

Offline ZifStone

• Bondsman
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2014, 09:02:24 AM »
I don't want to play any MW. I want to investigate mechanics and make balance tools. As I know it is prohibited to develop MW:LL, right?
I don't see any sense in investigating MWO mechanics.
So, MW4 is the only choice which is reasonable for now.
Maybe my tools will be useful in making some new *mech* game if it happens.

Offline Taskeen

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +1/-0
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2014, 12:31:56 AM »
I can NOT locate a working download link for MW4 and the MekPak patches.  Nor any downloads for the various mod packs that came out.

Anyone else have lucking finding download links?

Offline Fury9er

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +20/-4
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2014, 12:09:13 PM »
I'm pretty sure that Microsoft withdrew permission for MekTek to distribute MW4 and I dimly remember they needed and had permission to make the MechPaks. I guess this would have been a similar non-profit licence to what MWLL had, i.e as soon as there is a chance of making money off the IP again the licence is revoked.

Offline =KoS= Saber15

• Alphatester
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +181/-2
  • RIP AND TEAR
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2014, 07:20:09 PM »
I'm pretty sure that Microsoft withdrew permission for MekTek to distribute MW4 and I dimly remember they needed and had permission to make the MechPaks. I guess this would have been a similar non-profit licence to what MWLL had, i.e as soon as there is a chance of making money off the IP again the licence is revoked.

Pretty much this.
Smith & Tinker, the company who gave MekTek permission to re-release MW4,  went bust. When MekTek tried to get another license from either PGI or Microsoft, the answer was basically "...nah".
"Concentrate on the moment, each moment is its own reality. It has a particular thisness. You can't predict, but you can explain. Or try. If you are observant, and lucky, you can say, this is why this is happening! It's very interesting!"

Offline ZifStone

• Bondsman
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2014, 09:22:50 PM »
I can NOT locate a working download link for MW4 and the MekPak patches.  Nor any downloads for the various mod packs that came out.

Anyone else have lucking finding download links?

Here it is:
http://rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2988030 - this is an MW4:M 028. It is not the last version 030(c) but it is rather stable. And small advice on this torrent - it is not necessary to use MTX installer from MekTek. You can just unpack mechwarrior4mercenaries.all.to.51.03.01.0028.mtx by any archiver.
http://rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3229849 - NBT HardCore mod. It is also not last version.

Don't be afraid of russian language in torrent description. Actually game in English.
If you need the last version of MekTek MW4:M I could find it in my archives.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 09:31:00 PM by ZifStone »

Offline EmyLightsaber

• Apprentice Dev
  • Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +46/-1
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2014, 04:39:19 AM »
You could also try this as well:

http://code.google.com/p/mechwarrior-xc/
Raise your quality standards as high as you can live with, avoid wasting your time on routine problems, and always try to work as closely as possible at the boundary of your abilities. Do this, because it is the only way of discovering how that boundary should be moved forward.

-Edsger Dijkstr

Wesco wrote:
Main point: "OH LOOK AT ME I'm A BIG STUPID MECH WITH A SILLY GUN AND I'M ALL AGILE AND GRACEFUL OH LOOK OVER THERE IT's A TR MAX...............................OH MY GOD I CAN LICK MY OWN KNEECAPS AND I DON'T KNOW WHERE MY SPINE IS."

Offline Alpha_Zulu_Tango

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +3/-6
Aka =Z= AZT

Contact person of Zeta Battalion. Kaikki suomalaiset tervetuloa!