Author Topic: Star Citizen Fans! Attention please!  (Read 14733 times)

Offline Werewolf486}12thVR{

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +47/-1
Star Citizen Fans! Attention please!
« on: February 22, 2014, 12:26:24 PM »
I have been asked to create a thread on the RSI site that some of you may be interested in! If you saw the video of the Mustang and you liked it and want to buy it then you need to go to the link below and vote yes or sign yes. This will make the pledge package happen much faster then CIG has slated.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/108105/attention-mustang-pledge-package/p1

Thank you and spread the word!
NEW: Cooler Master ATSC840                                                    OLD: Cooler Master ATSC840
ASUS LGA2011 Rampage IV Black Edition/Intel i7-4930K             ASUS LGA775 Rampage Extreme/Intel Q9550S
ASUS HD7870-DC2-2GD5-V2/27" ASUS Monitor                          ASUS HD7870-DC2-2GD5-V2/ 24" ASUS Monitor
16GB Corsair Vengeance/Razor Nostromo/M70,M65 Corsair         8GB OCZ Reaper/ N52te/Sidewinder
Kingwin Mach1 1220watt/Win 7 Pro 64bit                                     Kingwin Mach1 1220watt/Win 7 Pro 64bit
250gb Velociraptor x 2 in Raid0/500GB WD Blue x 2 in Raid1        80GB Velociraptor x 2 in Raid0/750GB WD Blue x2 in Raid1

Offline xInVicTuSx

• Apprentice Dev
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +193/-5
  • Knight of the Inner Sphere
Re: Star Citizen Fans! Attention please!
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2014, 04:42:31 PM »
I don't really get star citizen.

Not that I don't see the attraction.. that's not it at all... its literally that I don't know what you will do in it.

Its all so sandbox and so vague to me that its hard for me to get excited about it.

Someone educate me please.  :D

But my knee jerk reaction is the same to any sandbox game... I don't want to be a merc or pirate or merchant or whatever... I don't want to fly a little ship around the galaxy... I want to be part of a crew on a bigass battleship and go wreck shit and conquer the galaxy! My lust for empire has always impeded my enjoyment of sandbox games....  :-\

I didn't play wing commander back in the day. I was busy playing TIE fighter, a much more militaristic and imperialistic experience i think.  :-*
-Invictus ne Vindicetur-

Offline Defender

• Creative Director
  • Project Director
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +65535/-65535
  • CHAOTIC NEUTRAL
    • Patrick Salerno's Porfolio
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2014, 06:08:36 PM »
Throw money at them so they have more money to hire me.
Thanks.  8)
"A Goal without Vision is a Hallucination"

"An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded."

Offline cyofee

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +71/-62
    • cyofee

Offline ~SJ~ Atlessa

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +80/-1
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2014, 07:23:49 PM »
Thanks.  8)

Seems legit.

I want to be part of a crew on a bigass battleship and go wreck shit and conquer the galaxy! My lust for empire has always impeded my enjoyment of sandbox games....  :-\

Take a look at Artemis SBS, and keep an eye open for Pulsar.

In soviet clanspace, trinary bids you.

Offline Because people mistake me for someone else

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +45/-9
  • Dispenser of Hate & Justice, unlimited ammo still
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2014, 09:42:48 PM »
SC = (X3 x MP x Consistent Universe)

At least it looks that way so far, we will see in the future how it all pans out, won´t we ?

And ...
Amen to that Defender ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0976embDvhY&feature=youtu.be
*Counterstacking by OneManArmy.dll*
"Why so hateful ?" "I am, and you are too"

Offline CGB [Ancient Demise]

• Apprentice Dev
  • Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +57/-0
  • Clan Ghost Bear
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2014, 07:05:55 AM »

At least it looks that way so far, we will see in the future how it all pans out, won´t we ?

As long as it isnt X:Rebirth x MP x Consistent Universe  ::)

"Most discipline is hidden discipline, designed not to liberate but to limit. Do not ask 'Why.' Be cautious with 'How.' 'Why' leads inexorably to paradox. 'How' traps you in a universe of cause and effect. Both deny the infinite."
---The Apocrypha of Arrakis; Frank Herbert, Heretics of Dune

Offline AlfalphaCat

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +104/-19
  • Still here, and still queer for the MW:LLs! :P
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2014, 11:37:05 AM »

Not that I don't see the attraction.. that's not it at all... its literally that I don't know what you will do in it.

Its all so sandbox and so vague to me that its hard for me to get excited about it.

But my knee jerk reaction is the same to any sandbox game... I don't want to be a merc or pirate or merchant or whatever... I don't want to fly a little ship around the galaxy... I want to be part of a crew on a bigass battleship and go wreck shit and conquer the galaxy! My lust for empire has always impeded my enjoyment of sandbox games....  :-\

I didn't play wing commander back in the day. I was busy playing TIE fighter, a much more militaristic and imperialistic experience i think.  :-*

Umm, you might be able to do that.  Be on a battleship that is, fighting, either in space combat or FPS style fighting in the ships.

I suck!! But WE are AWESOME.  We started a unit.  What's that?!  YOU WANNA TOUCH MY UNIT?!! :P ^^12thVR Recruitment Page(clickthepic) ;)

Offline AlfalphaCat

• Living Legend
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2014, 11:38:40 AM »

As long as it isnt X:Rebirth x MP x Consistent Universe  ::)

I think he meant persistent universe.  Big difference.

I suck!! But WE are AWESOME.  We started a unit.  What's that?!  YOU WANNA TOUCH MY UNIT?!! :P ^^12thVR Recruitment Page(clickthepic) ;)

Offline Werewolf486}12thVR{

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +47/-1
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2014, 06:01:13 PM »
Thanks.  8)

Did you apply? They are hiring, they continue to tell people to send in their resume! Would be cool for you to get on at CIG or any of the talent from here!

I suggest you contact Hartsblade and talk with him, the man has more knowledge about the game then I do. I just want to fly tiny ships and shoot things while I help the rest of the team accomplish their missions. hunting Pirates and doing that was enough for me to toss money at SC, that and to be able to say I tossed more money at SC then I have MWO will be nice. Supporting the band of crazy misfits we've assembled in our tiny little insignificant organization is plenty for me as I figure the laughs and fun will be nonstop. We've got ships from the Constellation down to the Aurora in our fleet which will make it fun for me as I can even crew a ship with those misfit friends! It should be a fun ride.

On a different note, How about UIConsole2.0 in MWO! Isn't that just a brilliant piece of work?
NEW: Cooler Master ATSC840                                                    OLD: Cooler Master ATSC840
ASUS LGA2011 Rampage IV Black Edition/Intel i7-4930K             ASUS LGA775 Rampage Extreme/Intel Q9550S
ASUS HD7870-DC2-2GD5-V2/27" ASUS Monitor                          ASUS HD7870-DC2-2GD5-V2/ 24" ASUS Monitor
16GB Corsair Vengeance/Razor Nostromo/M70,M65 Corsair         8GB OCZ Reaper/ N52te/Sidewinder
Kingwin Mach1 1220watt/Win 7 Pro 64bit                                     Kingwin Mach1 1220watt/Win 7 Pro 64bit
250gb Velociraptor x 2 in Raid0/500GB WD Blue x 2 in Raid1        80GB Velociraptor x 2 in Raid0/750GB WD Blue x2 in Raid1

Offline xInVicTuSx

• Apprentice Dev
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +193/-5
  • Knight of the Inner Sphere
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2014, 07:49:44 PM »
Time for the most annoying noob question ever about any upcoming game or mod!

So when will it be done? *Trollface*

More like... when will it be playable?

I wouldn't mind playing with you guys but I have a vague idea of what this game is and no idea when it will actually get into a respectable beta.
-Invictus ne Vindicetur-

Offline Defender

• Creative Director
  • Project Director
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +65535/-65535
  • CHAOTIC NEUTRAL
    • Patrick Salerno's Porfolio
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2014, 09:14:07 PM »
Thanks.  8)

Did you apply? They are hiring, they continue to tell people to send in their resume! Would be cool for you to get on at CIG or any of the talent from here! We already have Kami over there so we're slowly assimilating MWLL talent into SC.

Yes. I actually had one interview last week, and I'm scheduling another for next week for an Artist position.
Wish me luck and throw money at the screen. Think of it as the money you couldn't spend on MWLL to support us ;)

Kami is already there. We'll slowly assimilate the MWLL talent into the SC team and take over.
"A Goal without Vision is a Hallucination"

"An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded."

Offline [IPA] Avatar

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +32/-4
  • Kiss me, I'm shitfaced!
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2014, 10:25:25 PM »

Wish me luck and throw money at the screen.

Did just that and that fappin' 2€ coin broke my laptop screen. Thanks a lot mang.

Offline SquareSphere

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +228/-6
  • pancake slinging, Square (care) Bear of MWLL
    • 12th Vegan Rangers - Boards
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2014, 05:19:00 PM »

Yes. I actually had one interview last week, and I'm scheduling another for next week for an Artist position.
Wish me luck and throw money at the screen. Think of it as the money you couldn't spend on MWLL to support us ;)

Kami is already there. We'll slowly assimilate the MWLL talent into the SC team and take over.

OH DAMN! My interest in SC just went a couple of notches.

Yeah I would say Heartsblade and Werewolf are probably the more knowledgeable guys on SC within our community. They've already made a "org" (Project Ronin i think) that's casual friendly  (might have a sub org actually called the 12thVR once the devs get multi org registration setup)

Offline AlfalphaCat

• Living Legend
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2014, 07:34:52 AM »
12thVR are an organization as well, started by Uri.  And yes we are planning on being the more militaristic/merc 'sister org' of Project Ronin.  I can't fapping wait.  This is what MWO should have been, and they could have done it if they weren't lazy Americans/Canadians.