Author Topic: Let's all play a game, there's even a prize to be won!  (Read 1531 times)

Offline Bill

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +339/-78
  • I can use the Internet to flaunt my fetters.
Let's all play a game, there's even a prize to be won!
« on: April 16, 2014, 08:54:00 PM »
Ok so you'll likely know what I mean, we tell a story with each post and are restricted to one paragraph per post. There shall also be no double posting (except by me because I'm a hypocrite and the rules don't apply to me) out side of hmm, we could do a points system to rate each poster... yeah lets do that.

Ok so, your story aspect must be presented within the quotation feature of the board as so:

"Like woah dude, if it wasn't for your confidence in me I never would have fit that entire moray eel into my anus. Now, let's kill that son of a bitching litch" said Grondar with a sheepish grin and an awkward erection

Now if you like a paragraph someone has written you may post their name and the traditional "+1" but be sure to post that away from everything else and use bold so it stands out.

Again for example:

"+1 MWLL Defender - Hilarious prose dude, the part where you compared yourself to Lenin's lifeless corpse had me in stitches"

Understand thus far? Good.

Ok so basically we'll let the story progress, try to keep it relatively on track, we don't need any "and then a dragon appears and savagely rapes all the small kids" or y'know anything that drastically alters the story within a single frame.

I will keep track of the story in this post and will keep a list of the scores in the post after this.

The winner will receive a piece of artwork painted/drawn by myself, depicting whatever they want. It'll be around A4 in size and on canvas unless specifically asked not to be.

Sound like an interesting idea to pass the time whilst we all wait to die?

Now I'll leave it up the the first person to post after me if they want to start the story of leave it to me, as you may already know I can shat out this kind of nonsense without really having to think about it, however I'd rather just a contributing factor to this thread; not the principle one.

Anything that's unclear you can either post the question or PM me, failing that let the first person to post a story paragraph in the correct formatting get us under way!

Offline Bill

• Living Legend
Re: Let's all play a game, there's even a prize to be won!
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2014, 08:54:38 PM »
The story so far:

A girl walked into the 'Mechhanger, the click of her shoes on the cold, hard floor echoing loudly in the cavernous space. Though normally awash with the raucous sounds, sharp smells, and hustled movement of bodies both fleshy and mechanical, the huge structure was strangely empty. Was she too early? Was she too late? No, she couldn't worry about that. She had come all this way already, had already committed herself.
The service door behind her closed with a hissed as she took a few more tentative steps into the hanger, trying to ignore the uncomfortable feeling of such a normally active area being devoid of life and energy. Loading chains jingled softly overhead, like forgotten windchimes. Mysterious fluids dripped staccato rhythms, and huge, harsh floodlights buzzed madly, their piercing beams trying desperately to reach the furthest corners of the enormous structure.
In the darkness, something moved.

The scores!
  • Bloodycrow: 1
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 12:56:11 PM by Bill »

Offline ~SJ~ Atlessa

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +80/-1
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2014, 09:43:01 PM »
((Is there a minimum length? If not...))

Once upon a time, a girl walked into a 'Mechhangar.

In soviet clanspace, trinary bids you.

Offline Bill

• Living Legend
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2014, 09:50:27 PM »
Well a decent sized paragraph ofc, I'm not dealing with this one word shit.

Something in the region of the following:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

The very fact I have to say so is kinda gruelling to me, but fair enough.

Offline Bloodycrow

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +134/-24
  • "Living Lurker"
    • Planetary League Site
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2014, 06:27:17 AM »
I absolutely suck at writing, but I see no reason to hide that shame. I'll flex the proverbial stunted muscle and give it a go, cause why not.

Atlessa started with an idea, though it's obviously lacking, so I'll just build on that. It's a Mechwarrior forum after all, seems fitting I guess.

A girl walked into the 'Mechhanger, the click of her shoes on the cold, hard floor echoing loudly in the cavernous space. Though normally awash with the raucous sounds, sharp smells, and hustled movement of bodies both fleshy and mechanical, the huge structure was strangely empty. Was she too early? Was she too late? No, she couldn't worry about that. She had come all this way already, had already committed herself.
The service door behind her closed with a hissed as she took a few more tentative steps into the hanger, trying to ignore the uncomfortable feeling of such a normally active area being devoid of life and energy. Loading chains jingled softly overhead, like forgotten windchimes. Mysterious fluids dripped staccato rhythms, and huge, harsh floodlights buzzed madly, their piercing beams trying desperately to reach the furthest corners of the enormous structure.
In the darkness, something moved.

There. Tropy, stupid, and non-explainative. Do whatever.

Offline Bill

• Living Legend
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2014, 12:53:26 PM »
It begins!

Now I'm going to say +1 to Bloodycrow - You actually got this probable train wreck of an idea moving, and you've got my gratitude for that.

So who's next?  ;D

Offline Bill

• Living Legend
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2014, 08:06:04 PM »
Come on you dickheads, don't make me write the whole thing myself...

Offline EmyLightsaber

• Apprentice Dev
  • Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +46/-1
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2014, 09:13:39 PM »
Tentacle-like cables sinuously flowed down from the ceiling and walls, moving effortlessly towards the girl. A floodlight snapped on to illuminate a hooded and cloaked figure in the center of the room.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 05:25:26 AM by EmyLightsaber »
Raise your quality standards as high as you can live with, avoid wasting your time on routine problems, and always try to work as closely as possible at the boundary of your abilities. Do this, because it is the only way of discovering how that boundary should be moved forward.

-Edsger Dijkstr

Wesco wrote:
Main point: "OH LOOK AT ME I'm A BIG STUPID MECH WITH A SILLY GUN AND I'M ALL AGILE AND GRACEFUL OH LOOK OVER THERE IT's A TR MAX...............................OH MY GOD I CAN LICK MY OWN KNEECAPS AND I DON'T KNOW WHERE MY SPINE IS."

Offline [IPA] Avatar

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +32/-4
  • Kiss me, I'm shitfaced!
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2014, 12:48:36 AM »
I've always wanted to use the word jorts. So here it is (assuming Emy's last post is valid):

As her eyes got used to the sudden brightness, the girl could make out more and more details. The apparition seemed to be a tall man, beady eyes, face covered in a massive beard and long flowing hair down to his broad shoulders. His presence relayed power even though he did not seem very athletic, but with a vast belly and treestump legs. Yet it was not his physical looks that made the girls uncomfortable, it was his attire which seemed so out of place and whimsical. Under the plain olive drab hood and cloak, the giant was wearing a stained white undershirt, acid washed jorts and flip-flops. To her surprise he uttered 'What are you doing here?'

I'm not gay.