Author Topic: The Final Assault: Operation Viper 2 June 28-29 Signup/Information Thread  (Read 7589 times)

Offline Snow Gibbon

• Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +37/-8
Im in if Kentax is in.
12th Vegan Rangers - Missile spam is the best kind of spam!

Offline Warlord Kentax

• Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +37/-1
    • 12th Vegan Rangers Forum
Yay!
Member of the 12th Vegan Rangers
http://twelfthvr.freeforums.org/index.php

See who is playing MWLL right now, without having to start the game: http://stats.spikx.net/mwll.html

Offline BuRNeR

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +11/-0
I am in

"If you want to face us, fine. But we will not hold back. Prepare to reap the whirlwind." Sarah McEvedy 8th October 2823

Offline ELH_Sudibor

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +7/-8
    • Eridani Light Horse
ELH pilots will participate!  8)
NBT-HC ELH

Offline xInVicTuSx

• Apprentice Dev
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +193/-5
  • Knight of the Inner Sphere
If this is how it must end, then we will make SUCH AN END as to be worthy of remembrance!  8)
-Invictus ne Vindicetur-

Offline Starch1ld

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +47/-25
  • hi
ELH pilots will participate!  8)
Good!!

If this is how it must end, then we will make SUCH AN END as to be worthy of remembrance!  8)
hohoho indeed  :D

Get ready, guys!  :)

Oh, important: on this weekend, during the Kingts 2v2 and the BKS Aero Invitational, we will have a sort of meeting, talking about this event and how we should run it  :)
I probably won't be there on Saturday, but will be there on Sunday  :)

Offline NobleSeraphim

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +1/-0
Hey I will join up as well, I'm coming as an individual.

Offline Warlord Kentax

• Lance Sergeant
I made this map. But I don't know how to make it easy for people to edit on the fly. I cant be around to paint bucket it after every single game, someone else is going to have to color in the circles for me.

http://i.imgur.com/mOyQE4V.jpg

See who is playing MWLL right now, without having to start the game: http://stats.spikx.net/mwll.html

Offline 8492nd

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +0/-0
  • Belka's Fallen
I'm not going anywhere besides, my class starts at july anyway :D. But I could probably spread the word though is using youtube a good idea?

Offline Snow Gibbon

• Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +37/-8
DEFEND KOOKEN'S PLEASURE PIT AT ALL COSTS
12th Vegan Rangers - Missile spam is the best kind of spam!

Offline Warlord Kentax

• Lance Sergeant
Yes, if we loose it there will be a fallen morale cascade all across the sector. DEFEND IT AT ALL COSTS!

Offline duelist

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +219/-0
A blast from the past, the description from Op VIper 1, updated 8)

This is a call to arms for all MWLL units, mercs and unaffiliated players.
This weekend, the Inner Sphere will see the Clans resuming their attack on the Inner Sphere, breaking the truce of Tukayyid by a surprise assault on the Arc Royal Defense Cordon.

According to Inner Sphere intelligence, the attack is codenamed “Operation Viper”. The Knights of the Inner Sphere managed to get ahold of information hinting at a new IlKhan, that managed to push back the Warden factions in the Clans and unite all Clans in their renewed crusade for Terra. The defenders of the Inner Sphere will have to put their squabbles aside and work together, to face this new threat. While attackers and defenders alike are scrambling to assemble their forces, mercenaries will have to decide, on which side they stand.

Overview
Operation Viper is designed as a two day planetary campaign. Two factions, the Clans and Inner Sphere will fight for planetary possession on a section of the Inner Sphere Map from 3057, centered around the Arc-Royal Defense Cordon.

The campaign will take place from the start of the day Saturday lasting through 03:00am gmt Monday.

Battles will be fought for planet possession. Whenever an attacker wins a battle, the attacked planet changes owners. Game modes will be everything from the now-famous 5vs5 LMS, over TC and TSA, up to never-seen-before stuff like team-SA and other surprises. We hope to provide a wide variety of challenges for you, that you haven’t yet experienced in organized play.

Some planets contain mech factories or special resources. These give the faction which possesses them certain advantages (e.g. denies the opposing team access to the mech whose factory was captured).

At the start, each faction owns 30 planets on the campaign map. Whichever faction has the majority of planets in at least 2 sectors at the end of the campaign is the winner.

Offline duelist

• Lance Captain
Operation Viper Leadership Structure

Council
Warlord Kentax 12VR, ~SJ~ Vic Viper V1, =KOS= Invictus, >BKS< Null, >BKS< Starch1ld, >BKS< *Duelist (*in abesentia, normally not voting)

House (Faction) Leaders
Warlord Kentax 12VR? (when available) (possibly Silvercraft)
Need volunteers for this open position.

Battle Supervisor
>BKS< Duelist, >BKS< Starch1ld, ~SJ~ Vic Viper v1, Warlord Kentax 12VR, >BKS< Null, >BKS< Fractura Laniatus, =KOS=?,
Could always use more volunteers.

Unit Leaders/Drop Comanders
Will be determined before each battle. For units signed up, you can designate your choice(s).
>BKS<: Starch1ld, Null, Bob
ELH:
RDL:

Mechwarriors
Everyone!  8)

I have reserved 2 council spots for appropriate candidates. Contact me if interested.

Offline duelist

• Lance Captain
Mechwarriors
So you are a warrior by heart, eh? Not much patience for the desk sitters, waging war with their pencils, have we? You are in luck. All you have to do is show up and do what the Battle Supervisors tell you to.

Unit Leaders/Drop Commanders
Command your troops in drops, compose drop lists, remember banned assets, communicate with the Battle Supervisor, and declare attacks when there are no House Leaders available to do it for you. After the battle it’s your responsibility to report either your glorious victory or crushing defeat to the Battle Supervisor. No report = battle lost by default.

House Leaders
Responsible for knowing a bit more of the rules than Unit Leaders. Declare attacks and communicate with the Battle Supervisors. Responsible for getting enough players together to make the game fun.

Battle Supervisor
Responsible for keeping games on time. Sending reminder messages to Drop Commanders about banned assets, game rules, maps, etc. Responsible for giving out punishments at their discretion and having a working knowledge of the rules. Observes battles whenever possible. Informs the Council of important events.

Offline Chezzar

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +25/-0
I got time on saturday, mayby sunday.