Author Topic: [Battletech] Super-Heavy Tripod Miniatures and Walking Animation  (Read 2269 times)

Offline ShotgunSpiff

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +12/-0
Something cool from the tabletop side, the super-heavy tripods will be at GenCon this year.  (Announcement thread)

The minis were made from a 3D model by Sentinel373, and said to stand around 56mm to the top of the torso.  Then for fun he made an unofficial walking animation:
(thread post)

They could be available later this year as online exclusives from Iron Wind Metals if there aren't any delays.  Also some assembly guides.

Offline ELH_Imp

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +26/-1
Re: [Battletech] Super-Heavy Tripod Miniatures and Walking Animation
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2014, 12:52:23 AM »
I'm always curious how this thing can walk? Now I know, but still can't accept all this dark age stuff.

Offline Zaro27

• Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +57/-0
  • Nicest Motherfapper Here
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2014, 01:40:17 PM »
I like how it's just kinda moseying along like it's not really concerned. I can almost hear it whistling a tune.
I want to put a bullet between the eyes of every panda that won't screw to save it's species. I want to open the dump valves on oil tankers and smother all those French beaches I'll never see. I want to breathe smoke. I want to destroy something beautiful.

Offline Askis

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +55/-5
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2014, 01:23:06 AM »
I like how it's just kinda moseying along like it's not really concerned. I can almost hear it whistling a tune.

I can hear the pilot puking his guts out after five steps^^'

Offline Taskeen

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +1/-0
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2014, 02:03:26 AM »
I'm always curious how this thing can walk? Now I know, but still can't accept all this dark age stuff.

I think its evident in even the basics of that thought up animation.  The Mech is shifting its weight back and forth, where as the back leg is mainly providing rear support, where as the right and left legs clearly would shift the Mech "hips" back and forth as it drags it self forward.

Offline Bill

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +341/-78
  • I can use the Internet to flaunt my fetters.
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2014, 01:33:33 PM »
Oh deary me..