Author Topic: The world has lost a reason to smile today  (Read 1037 times)

Offline Stahlseele

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +86/-6
  • 2nd Level TechSupport Agent(BOFH)
The world has lost a reason to smile today
« on: August 12, 2014, 02:26:53 PM »
Actor Robin Williams is dead. Presumeably Suicide.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/robin-williams-dies-suspected-suicide-724724
God damn it, i am this close to bawling my eyes out at work <.<
'any kind of discussion of randomness ALWAYS WILL EQUATE to being able to critically hit a mech's reactor by firing a micro beam laser while facing 80 degrees to the side, shooting the ground, which would cause a random explosion which would randomly crit his entire team's reactors which would randomly cause the server itself to explode which would randomly generate a strange quark which would randomly hit the earth and randomly randomness randomfapp the shit fapp random!'
------------------------------
CPU: Intel Xeon i7 4820k
Memory: GSkill 2x8Gb DDR3 1333Mhz
Video: Inno 3D iChill GeForce GTX 780Ti Black Accelero Hybrid
H/SDD:Samsung Series 830 256GB/512GB, 1x WD Caviar Black 1TB, 1x WD Caviar Green 3TB
Monitor: 2x24" Widescreen 16:9 1920x1080 native resolution
Win7Ultimate64

Offline ~SJ~ Atlessa

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +80/-1
Re: The world has lost a reason to smile today
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 11:40:25 PM »
Quick, someone roll a five or eight...! O.o

In soviet clanspace, trinary bids you.

Offline BuRNeR

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +11/-0
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2014, 06:28:01 AM »
This was really a sad news yesterday.
Maybe he will find happiness in the afterlife.
R.I.P.

"If you want to face us, fine. But we will not hold back. Prepare to reap the whirlwind." Sarah McEvedy 8th October 2823

Offline Bill

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +341/-78
  • I can use the Internet to flaunt my fetters.
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2014, 02:29:50 PM »
Ehh, all very sad and everything, but it's entirely his own fault really.

I've been in the same shoes (suicidal depression, albeit not for the same reasons, but that opace a darkness doesn't have too many hues. Presuming it was related to his increasing irrellivence in the modern world) and he forgot the biggest points, there's always help (& being a multi millionaire I imagine the quality of help available to him would have been noticeably greater than that open to someone such as myself) out there, and that your own opinion of your self worth is only half the story.

I'm pretty sure the cokey yay a head could have made penguin movies for the rest of his natural and still would have been reveered.

Now as I said it is indeed sad and a loss (I never found too great a comic appeal in him, but his work in Poe faced science fiction was more to my tastes), but the greater tragedy is that we still live in an age where a man can trap himself in private agony and not have the depth of their pathos recognised until it's too late and they have commuted that most selfish of acts.