Author Topic: We were toasters once, and young.  (Read 2056 times)

Offline Karuik

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +24/-1
  • Put some tits on it.
We were toasters once, and young.
« on: August 30, 2015, 04:20:07 AM »
A giant dick sucking spider mentions this old forum, and our old hopes and dreams for a game about stompy bots doing stompy bot things with all the glory they could. I quietly think back to those days.

It's pre-release, the game is still a series of daily images of lasers and rending metal. The clans talk of the coming planetary leagues, the potential for the BT scaled warfare to be realized. All the while, I, and a group of very strange people, rest my weary head in Toast, where all things go to die. In other words, the best board this forum ever had.

Debates on the nature of waffles and the human condition, boobs, cartoon horses, and countless other banal topics lost to the void of time... and hundreds of pages of archived threads...

It brings a tear to my eye.

Fast forward to release. Smoke Jaguar dominates the scene utterly. Their competition, while around and strong, is simply no match. Alas, that is its downfall. The clan owns the community, it runs the tournaments, and it makes a name for itself. In its growth however, comes new blood, more open recruitment based upon skill, and with that... came the assholes. And dear friends, new sibkin, and old guard, a large enough asshole will make assholes of us all.

So the clan went to shit. Broken, splintered, and cast to the far winds, it became a fraternity that the rest of us didn't really care to talk to anymore. Meanwhile... uh... something, or another, went on with the devs. Some of us got mad. I forget, I was a stupid teenager. Anyway, our splinter remnant, thinking we would never return, decided to unleash cows and trolling upon Toast. It was hilarious. However, it was also the end.

And so we left our clan behind.

Five years later I return to gaze upon what once was. Things have changed. I type with far better grammar now, Smoke Jaguar awaits Star Citizen, and turns from its bipedal robot roots, and Toast, is burned. I'm also a woman. A lot has changed.

I come here with one simple reason: to wax nostalgic and ponder how much we change. So I ask you, MWLL forums... who among you still lives?

Who among you, still toasts?

- Karuik, eternally, the once great leader of the forum greeting party.

Offline Bill

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +340/-78
  • I can use the Internet to flaunt my fetters.
Re: We were toasters once, and young.
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2015, 11:31:13 AM »
Fast forward to release. Smoke Jaguar dominates the scene utterly.

HA!

I come here with one simple reason: to wax nostalgic

To talk out your arse more like.

Offline Sxooter

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +114/-30
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2015, 10:30:33 PM »
TBF, talking shit but failing to back it up IS canon for Smoke Jags.

Offline Bill

• Living Legend
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2015, 10:45:11 PM »
TBF, talking shit but failing to back it up IS canon for Smoke Jags.

That is very true, also Karulik it was all done tongue in cheek.

Offline Karuik

• Star Captain
  • Put some tits on it.
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2015, 12:06:55 AM »
Oh yeah I know. It's been a while, forgive me if I'm fuzzy on my SJ history. Something something Turtle Bay, lots of screaming, and then something about a shiny horse? After that it was pretty much downhill.

And to be fair, FOR A LITTLE WHILE the clan (the MWLL one anyway) did kick all the ass. It leveled out a bit with time though. Either way not like that matters anymore. What was it worth? Not even bragging rights.

So all my rambling aside, how are things around here? Any old guard still around or are they all just trapped in Bill's basement?

Offline Vic-Viper.v1

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +15/-3
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2015, 09:23:54 AM »
Yes there are a good few of Us still around. infarct a new Fledgling SJ is growing If you wanted to keep it Cannon you could say  its the remnants   of the Missing Colony Ship Convoy that disappeared in the Lore.

You should join us iN MWLL, or atleast come in to the Public Teamspeak and say hi

Offline Bill

• Living Legend
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2015, 01:00:52 PM »
Bill's basement?

When did I get one of those?!

Are you talking about my...

Is he talking about my bum?

Offline Fury9er

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +20/-4
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2015, 01:21:29 PM »
Is he talking about my bum?

There is an idea for a new Solaris Arena map :D 

"now loading: Bill's_Arse_v1"

Offline Bill

• Living Legend
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2015, 01:38:11 PM »
I don't think the heightmaps can cope with booty on this order of magnitude.

Offline ~SJ~ Atlessa

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +80/-1
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2015, 02:18:56 PM »
Has it really been five years...?

I'm also a woman.

Oh you actually pulled through with that?  I wasn't sure if people were joking when they told me.

In soviet clanspace, trinary bids you.

Offline Karuik

• Star Captain
  • Put some tits on it.
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2015, 12:03:13 AM »
Yeah, I have a bottle of titty sprinkles and a fist full of dreams. A lot can happen.

As for playing MWLL, hell I might appear for a few rounds at some point, just for old times' sake. I can't promise I remember the difference between the various mechs with cat in their name though.

Offline Fury9er

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +20/-4
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2015, 08:17:17 PM »
Yeah, I have a bottle of titty sprinkles and a fist full of dreams. A lot can happen.

Hehe, titty sprinkles :D

Offline Bill

• Living Legend
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2015, 01:55:17 AM »

Have to admit I'm curious, both for the reasons behind it all and how satisfied you are post event.

Say if I'm crossing a line, but I am genuinely interested in hearing how comes and all that.

Offline Karuik

• Star Captain
  • Put some tits on it.
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2015, 11:52:26 PM »
It's a riveting tale of... well no it's not, really.

You can get the same story from anyone in the boat. Something's off from a young age, don't fit in, yadda yadda until realizing what's wrong through various means (mine was, hilariously, clicking the wrong board on 4chan and discovering trans stuff at random). So then the denial happens, and one winds up accepting it after a while. That's my experience anyway. For me it stings for anyone to gender me as male, it's hard for a lot of people to understand why it would be so harsh, but holy crap it's not fun. I mean, I'm reasonable, I permit accidents because I'm really early on in the process, it's unfair to assume I'm gonna get what I want so soon. If people press it though, I destroy them, or at least plan to and forget later.

The real hard part, for me, was telling the people I needed to do to actually start doing it. I've been wanting my TITTAY SPRINKLES for over two years, just a month ago finally got 'em, life is better. Since kinda coming around to it I've really chilled out. Way less aggression, much more rational. It's been a good change.

Also blood tests told me I had incredibly low testosterone and high estrogen in the first place, so that probably had something to do with it.

Life's kind of a bitch, lots of people aren't exactly nice about it. You either very quickly get thick skin, or you become one of those people who cries on tumblr about straight people all the time. Also I sound like a squeaky toy because changing the core of your voice is hard, so the looks can hurt my feelings. ;_;

Now I wear pretty skirts and I'm growing boobs!

Sorry this post is all over the place, I'm tired and haven't eaten today. I should probably go eat. My brain can't brain due to lack of brain? Skraw.

Offline Sxooter

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +114/-30
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2015, 01:29:16 AM »
Jessica Tiffany on youtube has an excellent lesson on changing your voice.