Author Topic: MWLL version 0.8. Feedback.  (Read 7087 times)

Offline Warlord Kentax

• Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +37/-1
    • 12th Vegan Rangers Forum
Re: MWLL version 0.8. Complaints.
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2016, 04:29:27 PM »
9. Return the 3 pulse for all pulsed lasers.  >:(

Why? Its condensed into 2 shots now which is far easier for the user. I didn't just chop off the third pulse, I added all that damage and heat into the 2, so  you don't have to stare at your target as long and don't have to worry about spreading the damage as much.

Why did you want to make them easier? Are there additional downsides now to pulse lasers? (e.g. lower DPS or higher heat production)

In table top, pulse lasers have a -2 to hit, which is a huge improvement in accuracy. They are supposed to have a really good chance of hitting their target.
Member of the 12th Vegan Rangers
http://twelfthvr.freeforums.org/index.php

See who is playing MWLL right now, without having to start the game: http://stats.spikx.net/mwll.html

Offline cest73

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +21/-17
  • there are links in my signature -->
    • MW:LL game status online (kudos: Spooky)
Re: MWLL version 0.8. Feedback.
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2016, 08:06:19 AM »
The 0.8 is so fresh, i can feel the paint smelling when spawned :D
:^)

1. I really like how a damaged Owens is now able to make a RTB

Even to make a rush (non damaged OFC) thorough a cordon of blood-thirsty opponents, as tripping over slight rocks doesn't induce emergency stalling into a sitting duck, and make it to base in one piece.

Owens, AS IS, makes a lot more sense now, C3 without a ECM "umbrella" makes a lot more sense to "print money" - whoever doubts it :

You try "shining light" of C3 with active radar on a pair of catapults or vultures...
;)

2. The Buy menu is alone worth the upgrade price ( ;) ) as it makes lot more sense and takes quite less time to discern the 'menu' and take a pick

The cammo menu, OTOH, takes quite a while to get used to, for the sheer amount of new (long missed and welcome) options there.

I would disagree the Color-cammos to tone down - no, contrary, let them shine!
My guess is: Solaris arena, right?

Maybe add even some more half-toned cammos?

3. The HUD:
10 out of 10: Top chef's deed
I like the organization, The united paperdoll, the finer retic(u)le (sorry @Kentax) and overall it's a step forward.
BA have compass now (finally) and some further improvements, which I find to like.

4. shipped config
Action maps: a step forward, but i still kept my own ones for my odd keyboard (no right crtl :/ )
The autoexec.cfg and the out_of_box game made my "water surfaces" opaque: I used back my original autoexec.cfg and got about FPS with water "C-tru"TM.

5. Free retic(u)le (sorry @you_konw_who_you_are :) )
makes a lot more sense now, Star, You where right :^], all more usable now (I use lalt and "F" to cycle through all modes)

6. Prices:
Makes a lot more sense IMO
An idea:
Inflation:
How about make asset-prices modified by rank: an rank1 Owens 41150 c-bills; an rank5 Owens: 55200 c-bills?
makes any sense?

7. Rank progression:
a. Starter rank c-bills: okay
b. progression from R1 -> R2 comparably slow versus any other rank_to_rank progression
We need a R1modofier to allow "frog leap" to R2 and therefrom "crawl" upwards?

8. Player count:
The game has been tested with far less players than is being used by now.
Heck we even wade among servers :D
Play-days are all-days, not just weekends :D, we roll around the clock again!!!

9. Uziel (excellent) C
Will this be the next Cougar F of the 0.7.1 ?
I like this asset a lot (that is bad for other sub 55000 c-b mechs)
The AC10 should have some sort of a more massive pod - the bare barrel looks a bit sarcastic?
The free ammo ton would better serve (me) if used for heat sinks, as I RTB more often for armor than for ammo.
But I brawl rather than snipe momentarily, but this could change?

All in all:
overall progression is good (except the 1st steep step)
let the servers spawn more TS3 advertisements
("stuck on loosing team? try Teamspeak3 <url>")
Maybe make a TS3 launcher icon with link to mwmaster TS server? for next release? no?
Lots to test yet...

Offline Spooky

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +158/-37
  • my little pwny
Re: MWLL version 0.8. Complaints.
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2016, 08:56:27 AM »
9. Return the 3 pulse for all pulsed lasers.  >:(

Why? Its condensed into 2 shots now which is far easier for the user. I didn't just chop off the third pulse, I added all that damage and heat into the 2, so  you don't have to stare at your target as long and don't have to worry about spreading the damage as much.

Why did you want to make them easier? Are there additional downsides now to pulse lasers? (e.g. lower DPS or higher heat production)

In table top, pulse lasers have a -2 to hit, which is a huge improvement in accuracy. They are supposed to have a really good chance of hitting their target.

Hm, I see :)

Offline Mech Daddy

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +18/-54
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2016, 09:21:42 PM »
Huit got rekt so hard in this patch... Consider upping the speed back up if you can even if it means taking off some of the sidearms.

Only got to try the 6mlas 2xarrow Huit real quick and didnt notice, is the twin gauss Huit still in game?

Offline Xesle

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +84/-19
  • Git gud scrubs
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2016, 09:35:58 PM »
Yeah I'm pretty sure there's still a goose huit.

Prodigal son my ass.

Offline ACE FIGHTER

• Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +12/-1
« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2016, 02:41:18 AM »
Oh, I noticed zoom problem was solved.

- Uller F has lock-on bug? I made some Uller F, sometimes I can't lock enemy by SSRM2-6.

Offline Kh0rn

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +8/-0
  • Atlas : Overkill and nothing less
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2016, 09:35:06 AM »
I think the only thing the HVAC 10 could benefit from is a small reduction in recycle rate, upping damage is not going to happen as it is a AC 10 class weapon it does however do less splash and more direct component damage then a regular AC 10. The holly G already is pretty versatile fitted with JJ and GECM ontop of 3 tons of extra ammo it can be a rather deterring asset, however I feel like it does need a slight decreased recycle time.   

The rank structure is going to be addressed as for every thing else mentioned I am not really seeing what the problem is.

LBX-20 Atlas has been replaced with the UAC20 Atlas.

Flaks could do with a slight buff mostly the Flak 2's

Arrow systems work far better and more correct to lore as saturation warheads, while somewhat less effective against single assets they are extremely dangerous against grouped targets.

Variant of LT is a welcome site depending on map, hell I would even consider a 4th incendiary version as a way out variant.   

Offline RDL_Vitos

• Apprentice Dev
  • Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +32/-3
  • RDL. Mechwarrior <TAU> (Clan Nova Cat) Heavy Arms
« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2016, 12:23:56 PM »
Fly trees: (near the central base on the map)

Offline Bill

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +340/-78
  • I can use the Internet to flaunt my fetters.
« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2016, 12:37:12 PM »
Which map?

Offline RDL_Vitos

• Apprentice Dev
  • Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +32/-3
  • RDL. Mechwarrior <TAU> (Clan Nova Cat) Heavy Arms
« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2016, 12:48:26 PM »
Taiga

Offline Sxooter

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +114/-30
« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2016, 03:47:16 PM »
I went on a training server and rge HVAC/10 isn't as bad as I had at first thought. Damage the same, 1s longer cycle time. I can't complain. I've also driven the HVAC/10 Hollie and it can even survive a small brawl or two.

Offline CGB [CoffiNail]

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +101/-0
  • Khan of Clan Ghost Bear International
    • Clan Ghost Bear International
« Reply #41 on: November 04, 2016, 05:41:57 PM »
So much fun. Feedback... Thanks 150% for working on this and I hope a mwll revival happens... This game in the end beat out mwo in gameplay and fun. Yeah I was a mwo fanboy  in the day, but overtime that shifted. I enjoyed getting my Elemental on last night

I posted on the CGBI Ice bar, so with luck some Bear's will join the Fray!

Offline Mech Daddy

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +18/-54
« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2016, 06:46:32 PM »
Rank-ups should be faster, maybe revert back to 0.71 in case of this, snowballing is a serious problem right now imo.

Offline mechlessar

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +0/-1
« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2016, 09:51:50 PM »
This update is somehow, mixed. Well the ranking system, you know. Already reported. But that's not i want to report the bug. The bug I want to report is sometimes the BA,vehicles, and Mechs will sink into texture to never ending fall, while the other is BA can sometimes fly through mech bay roofs, then suddenly sink into texture. This is not really funny or fun, I was grinding so hard to get cbills to buy heavy mechs. After bought heavy mechs, then all my hardwork is wasted that my mech sank. Please fix this texture problem.

Offline Sxooter

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +114/-30
« Reply #44 on: November 04, 2016, 10:32:04 PM »
A few bugs just to make sure they're listed here.

1: Osiris jj will run out and not refill. They will then take you 1m off the ground max and never recharge.

2: FlacAC2 spread too much at a distance. Seems about 1/2 my pellets miss a vtol at 1000m or so. UAC2s are way better if you can keep them on target, plus they do real damage to mechs.

3: Regular PPCs seem to stop at about 675m, and also seem to be going through assets more than they did before. The first problem is very annoying as you can be looking right at a stationary mech, shoot at it at 680m or so and never hit it. The second problem is likely my 180 ping.

4: When you move your torso all the way to one side, and continue to move your mouse past that point, it won't start moving back until you get back to that point.

5: Hit registration noise doesn't always register. Much worse than 0.7.1

6: Directional indicator for where damage is coming from isn't always there or right.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 10:45:37 PM by Sxooter »