Author Topic: 0.8.3 Jump Jet Landing Glitch  (Read 259 times)

Offline ~SJ~ wangmauler

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +2/-0
  • w00t
    • my myspace
0.8.3 Jump Jet Landing Glitch
« on: May 10, 2017, 02:25:50 AM »
Video of the issue:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzD6wdamRH8

Glitch with the new 0.8.3 update - this happened back 5 or 6 years ago when Wandering Samurai was working on the game(was working fine until this update). All I'm doing when this happens, is holding a turn direction, and sometimes moving my mouse in that direction as well(dont have to move the mouse for this to happen). What happens, is the view and direction my mech faces, snaps about 90 to the direction I'm holding when landing, almost like I never stopped turning when landing.

The glitch happens right at the beginning, where I look(with the mouse) all the way to the left while holding left turn key, then stop looking left.

At about 0:29, I do the same except keep turning right and holding right turn key through the glitch. If you watch the Radar during this, you can see it snap about 90

The Video breaks to a min later, where I demonstrate this again.

Thanks for the awesome update though, everything looks great so far!

-Wang

PS

Yes I play 4:3 and Yes I still use a CRT :)
w00t!

Offline cest73

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +21/-15
  • there are links in my signature -->
    • MW:LL game status online (kudos: Spooky)
Re: 0.8.3 Jump Jet Landing Glitch
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2017, 11:05:46 AM »
@Wangmauler, it's a known bug, the SCatt being affected the most, and the Uziel being affected the least.

The 0.8.0 patch brought the issue to minimum (the 0.7.0 was way worse), and I was calling it "landing glue":

The instant the SCat lends, the client side stops to update the view until some bit later, all the while the player is controlling the mech, until the game regains sync. The difference is rendered as a "time jump".

Next patch is reportedly dedicated to enhance BA and further the bug hunt, so maybe next time?
B-]