Author Topic: HEADS UP! Forum going down!  (Read 1151 times)

Offline Leeko

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +76/-4
  • Clan Jade Wolf Resident Perma-Cadet
Re: HEADS UP! Forum going down!
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2017, 09:01:59 AM »
Leaving my mark here. A strange, sad moment. Goodbye, old forum.
#mwll, where all the anuschat happens
(2:46:59 PM) Pytak: vicious anus
(2:47:09 PM) haarp: it hungers
(2:48:01 PM) Pytak: for moar

(11:38:04 AM) Merf: I can touch everything.
(11:38:07 AM) Merf: Prepare your anus
(11:38:50 AM) Merf: It is okay. I am your father, which makes it totally not creepy

Offline HAARP

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +212/-1
  • I regret nothing
    • Clan Jade Wolf
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2017, 02:26:40 PM »
you still owe me a crucification, Leer
don't bother sending me PMs, I probably won't be reading them in time.

Offline Zaro27

• Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +57/-0
  • Nicest Motherfapper Here
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2017, 07:26:00 PM »
Good night, sweet prince.
I want to put a bullet between the eyes of every panda that won't screw to save it's species. I want to open the dump valves on oil tankers and smother all those French beaches I'll never see. I want to breathe smoke. I want to destroy something beautiful.

Offline Mechman43

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +1/-0
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2017, 09:32:59 PM »
Not to be "that guy" on this thread about the forum going down. I just thought I'd say, maybe it's time to look at the Reddit? https://www.reddit.com/r/MWLL/ 

I think you guys might want to consider updating an announcement on the MW:LL Reddit page. (Maybe a post about the 8.6 patch download links, upcoming events, "getting started guide for newbies" i.e. connecting to the teamspeak and discord?)

The top two announcements are from a year ago and there isn't a prominent explanation that there is a way to actually talk to people in this community (I was new to this 3 days ago and nothing made sense until I got onto the discord and teamspeak).

Having a pinned announcement about the 8.4 patch on the top and another redirecting to the wiki might be giving people the wrong idea about how alive this game actually is.

Just a thought before this forum goes down.

Offline HAARP

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +212/-1
  • I regret nothing
    • Clan Jade Wolf
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2017, 11:01:31 AM »
Looks like somebody already took care of reddit. I now went ahead and redirected www. to our landing/download page. This should reduce any confusion to a minimum.
don't bother sending me PMs, I probably won't be reading them in time.

Online cest73

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +21/-18
  • there are links in my signature -->
    • MW:LL game status online (kudos: Spooky)
« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2017, 03:45:49 PM »

Rest peacefully in the deep, old lady  :'(

That last shake was us touching the bottom

Offline UnderTaker

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +3/-0
  • Don't bunt. Aim out of the ballpark!
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2017, 03:53:25 PM »
I can hardly believe it was Ten years ago when we got started on this! I was privileged to be in on the ground floor when there was only 15 of us taking a stab at tech that most of us barely understood (meaning 3d game engines etc). It was astounding as to how fast people with some real skills jumped on board and were willing to put in Insane hours of work so that we could have Mechs to run around seeing as that MW4 was dying a painful death.

We were even able to have ppl who were simply filling in time until their next full-time job in the entertainment industry such as, Sony, Paramount,Lucas Arts and so on to add one more project to their portfolio's.

It goes without saying that this was truly the brain-child of the two brothers from Edmonton Dan and Sean Tracy who with out them this would not have had this many yrs of life to a Mod built by volunteers from all over the world.

I would finally like to say that I thank all of you who have kept MWLL alive even after the majority of us originals had moved on to other things and am pleased that ppl are still battling on!

Take Care All! It's been a privilege! :)

When you come to the end of all  you know, and it's time to step into the darkness of the unknown, one of two things shall happen: Either you will be given something solid to stand on or you will be taught to fly!

Online cest73

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +21/-18
  • there are links in my signature -->
    • MW:LL game status online (kudos: Spooky)
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2017, 09:43:22 AM »
Dear Community,

this forum is dead and has been considered deprecated for a few months now.

In a few days, it will be laid to rest along with the other parts of the old website. Splendid time we had here fellas, but this is it.
[snip]
According to the information I've been given, it should've been shut down over a week ago. [snip]
so a monthh wasted for reliable sources
The sheer insurmountable mass of smattering and dangerous half knowledge here is mind-boggling. [snip] It hurts to just look at the procedures being suggested out of pure unadultered ignorance.
Who's now "cargo-cult scientist"? ::)

Any more FUD to throw at this already scarred and bleeding community? :o