Author Topic: Help getting into game etc  (Read 98 times)

Offline lupacexi

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +0/-0
Help getting into game etc
« on: September 08, 2017, 06:31:29 AM »
Hi gents,

Havent played for years but going through a mechphase :o) MWO doesnt even come close to playable, nothing like a mech game should be...

1)Ive got the combined installer but couldnt get to the join game bit, it gave me some error. Do I need to do some file/IP/server stuff in an .ini file or something?
2)Are people still playing? What are the chances of getting into a game in EU TZs etc? MWLL is so soso sososo much better than MWO.

3)Will we ever see a real mech game again? My first exp was mech2 on DOS on a 66mhz CPU - it was bleeding brilliant.

All the bes

Offline HAARP

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +212/-1
  • I regret nothing
    • Clan Jade Wolf
Re: Help getting into game etc
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2017, 08:53:57 AM »
1) You also installed the 0.8.6 patch, right? It's normal to see a "modified files" error the first time you start the game. Just restart and it should've gone away.

2) Sure, check out https://stats.spikx.net/mwll.html
don't bother sending me PMs, I probably won't be reading them in time.

Offline DeimosEvotec

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +10/-0
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2017, 09:33:00 AM »
If you need more help join us on our discord

Offline Bill

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +340/-78
  • I can use the Internet to flaunt my fetters.
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2017, 01:56:17 AM »
Hi gents,

Havent played for years but going through a mechphase :o) MWO doesnt even come close to playable, nothing like a mech game should be...

1)Ive got the combined installer but couldnt get to the join game bit, it gave me some error. Do I need to do some file/IP/server stuff in an .ini file or something?
2)Are people still playing? What are the chances of getting into a game in EU TZs etc? MWLL is so soso sososo much better than MWO.

3)Will we ever see a real mech game again? My first exp was mech2 on DOS on a 66mhz CPU - it was bleeding brilliant.

All the bes

1) Be certain that you're patched to the current version and ensure that you are launching with the new version of the launcher. I've encountered a few people who have run into similar problems through accidentally using the old one.

2)People are most certainly still playing daily. For EU time zones (I myself am GMT) our servers (=CJW= Funbocks) are generally your best bet. It is also possible to check the current population of all servers due to the stalwart Spooky's tool found at https://stats.spikx.net/mwll.html

3) Well there's currently MW5 in development, though I am personally dubious of that one. Not to mention the Battletech TBS game being produced by HareBrainSchemes. It is also still possible to get your hands on MW4 with all the lovely Mektek additions.

Any further questions feel free to ask here or as Deimos stated via the Discord.

Offline Chezzar

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +25/-0
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2017, 08:35:43 PM »
...wrong thread, sorry