Author Topic: New Sound Police On Patrol  (Read 86298 times)

Offline Bill

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +339/-78
  • I can use the Internet to flaunt my fetters.
Re: New Sound Police On Patrol
« Reply #855 on: March 09, 2017, 09:14:08 PM »

Beg to differ here. Russian 'Ы' in 'Рыба' (here in 'Рыбокоп') is in no way an 'EE' ('REEBOCOP') equivalent.

The play on 1 letter difference is obvious but the spelling is different - if you equate 'ы' to 'и' (like in 'Reebok') - you'd go on to mix a whole lot of words in russian based on that false premise.

You can see why it caused me a little consternation then eh?

Also - looking back at Zeps kind of wanted to add some banal stuff here (maybe to the annoyance of the MWLL music enforcement department? ;-)  - No one never knows when they gonna hit their prime, how long they'll stay in it and when they'll go :/ Presence and the touring they'd managed to do before Bonham's untimely death was rly their last stand (in a way - the last stand for rock on the whole - right before 80-s and onward) so it's sort of eerie.

You're free to post what you like, just as I am free to take the piss. Pretty simple eh?

Also I can't really agree with that whole last stand for R&R, Motorhead were about in the 70's after all.

Offline Ressk [CSF]

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +72/-2
  • Khan of [CSF]
« Reply #856 on: March 09, 2017, 09:28:41 PM »
On the topic of last hurrahs:

The last of the 3 great "end of a Genesis Era" songs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhxSTK4OdQU

This one signified the end of Prog Genesis in my mind, and is a great final send off for the Post-Hackett band. If only the rest of DUKE was of this caliber...

For the other "end of a Genesis Era" songs:
IT from Lamb Lies Down (end of Gabriel)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWgphYPf0PA
and In That Quiet Earth (end of Hackett)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDC6wj9bCFw

I greatly respect Duke as an album, but holy shit does it end well.
Recruitment Page For CSF

click the pic /\
ULLER4LYFE! the internet hates CSF

Offline cest73

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +20/-13
  • there are links in my signature -->
    • MW:LL game status online (thanks: Spooky)
Re: re: New Sound Police On Patrol
« Reply #857 on: March 10, 2017, 08:05:03 AM »
enough!
it says REEBOCOP - (fish(-ing)-cop) exploiting only one letter difference (o vs ee), it's a sort of a pun.
In English implying a rib instead of robot - ribocop.

Beg to differ here. Russian 'Ы' in 'Рыба' (here in 'Рыбокоп') is in no way an 'EE' ('REEBOCOP') equivalent.

The play on 1 letter difference is obvious but the spelling is different - if you equate 'ы' to 'и' (like in 'Reebok') - you'd go on to mix a whole lot of words in russian based on that false premise.
I was intentionally oversimplifying, to break the silence and he is non-Slavic what the heck they know of the fine graduation of Slavic pun in wording?
I was, further, afraid to go in the details of the 'Ы' (Ryiobi TM?) and, i believe, most Russians will understand if wrongly pronounced "REEBAH" even it's ought to be "RYIBA" or there about?
So sue me :D
Also - looking back at Zeps kind of wanted to add some banal stuff here (maybe to the annoyance of the MWLL music enforcement department? ;-)  - No one never knows when they gonna hit their prime, how long they'll stay in it and when they'll go :/ Presence and the touring they'd managed to do before Bonham's untimely death was rly their last stand (in a way - the last stand for rock on the whole - right before 80-s and onward) so it's sort of eerie.
#BeLikeBill (@Avatar  8) )
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 10:48:25 PM by cest73 »

Offline Bill

• Living Legend
« Reply #858 on: March 11, 2017, 01:20:49 PM »
If I'm totally honest I already had a pretty good idea what it said, now this may shock you all, but bare with me.

I'm not as stupid as I pretend to be.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 02:54:09 PM by Bill »

Offline cest73

• Lance Captain
« Reply #859 on: March 11, 2017, 10:47:56 PM »
If I'm totally honest I already had a pretty good idea what it said, now this may shock you all, but bare with me.

I'm not as stupid as I pretend to be.
Running the risk of repeating my self here:

#BeLikeBill

:B-]

Offline Bill

• Living Legend
« Reply #860 on: March 12, 2017, 03:41:07 AM »
I am the Senate.

Offline ELH_Goat

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +4/-0
« Reply #861 on: March 15, 2017, 05:50:09 PM »
Guess whose edit this is :)

" :-* dear authoritarian coppers please sodomize me, violently. I cannot resit my urges to be suppressed by a masculine authority figure who is strong like bear and cums like hurricane".

2814 - 新しい日の誕生/Birth of a New Day
HKE : HK

(But now we know that Mr. McCullough? [no, not "David", this nonplussed 'Wil McCullough' :P] loves men with lipstick, likes to fantasize about them like that! Naughty William! ::))

It's just Billy, also it's not a crime to be a homosexual in this part of the world, but for you I'd be willing to break the law if you book the flight. Well that and back my campaign for Mayor of Smallville. 

I had to remember my mwo forum account in order to see, I've no idea who that is mate as I don't use their boards.

(fair enough! - other than totally molesting my message after asking you nicely not to taze meh xD)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 09:23:48 PM by ELH_Goat »

Offline ELH_Goat

• Bondsman
« Reply #862 on: March 15, 2017, 08:12:31 PM »
The urge to police is strong with this one xD

No, I'm just easily bored.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 08:23:45 PM by Bill »

Offline cest73

• Lance Captain
« Reply #863 on: March 15, 2017, 11:14:25 PM »
#HaveAWillyAsStrongAsBilly
:B-]
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 12:38:06 AM by Bill »

Offline JLZ

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +32/-6
  • m e l e r s k i
« Reply #864 on: March 16, 2017, 09:28:37 AM »
Cuban radio station Radio Sonera
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 09:02:21 PM by JLZ »

Offline ELH_Goat

• Bondsman
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 07:26:05 PM by ELH_Goat »

Offline ELH_Goat

• Bondsman
« Reply #866 on: March 19, 2017, 09:13:43 PM »
Some more tracks to police on and some nonrelative context to them
(dont consider it politically charged or anything pls - if only a slight play on "hurricane" fantasies above ;-)

Tycho
Slack
Glider (Live)

been listening to these (Slack, especially) and more of Tycho while reading the highly entertaining memoirs of Heinz Guderian, author of "Achtung - Panzer!" and some other books on tank warfare (in essense - cornerstones of the mechs sci-fi coming up later on).

And so this "Heinz Brausewetter" ("Hurricane Heinz") masculine tank authority blietzkrieg-loving (and probably easily bored as well) figure in his "Panzer Leader" says: "I've been shadowing Napoleon and setting up camp in places where he'd been in Russia and then they kicked my butt". That's not a direct quote of his, of course (though he did in fact stay in places where Napoleon had before in Russia). But the douchebagerry swagger after stomping out Europe and trying to have some at Russia ends abrupt as fapp - just as Tycho's "Slack" does :)

Offline Bill

• Living Legend
« Reply #867 on: March 20, 2017, 03:02:27 PM »
Heh I remember reading those when I was a teen as well, good attempt at bait though.

As that seems to be your thing I'd recommend the author Wolfgang Schneider, he has some very good books on the doctrinal aspects of the tank forces of the Wehrmacht. Not to mention decent history of process for specifics, such as everyone's supposed favorite the Tiger. Well worth checking out if that's your bag.

Slack was not bad. The drummer was pretty nice, otherwise idk it could have been a lot of bands in that genre. Not slating it, I'm just not really into ambient stuff at the moment.

Too lazy to post links myself at the moment as well.

Offline Ressk [CSF]

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +72/-2
  • Khan of [CSF]
« Reply #868 on: March 20, 2017, 04:51:48 PM »
I need some theme music for our Saturday morning bout with Smoke Jaguar. Got any suggestions? If you pick Focus By Hocus Pocus it is acceptable.

Also do you still exist Bill? I was talking with Zone Warden and he wasn't sure.
Recruitment Page For CSF

click the pic /\
ULLER4LYFE! the internet hates CSF

Offline Bill

• Living Legend
« Reply #869 on: March 20, 2017, 05:04:12 PM »
Also do you still exist Bill? I was talking with Zone Warden and he wasn't sure.

I'm pretty sure I'm just a collective dream at this point, like Tidus but my laugh sounds better.
As for the SJ match, as they're reet and proper Surats there's only really one choice.

As a more serious suggestion, idk this maybe: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oh3YvWaTXpk&