Author Topic: Aerospace Known Issues  (Read 13719 times)

Offline Spyro

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +9/-3
Aerospace Known Issues
« on: December 26, 2009, 11:42:27 PM »
-Engine sound continues after ejection or destruction
-Player remains alive inside damage model after collision with other vehicle (1 person will survive the crash and remain as such)
-Aerospace cannot go forward if the "W" key is held down to early during power up (you must wait for it to despawn or acquire a new Aerospace...note this bug will not always occur)
-Client side weapon hit without damage..."shoot the lag" (requires you to fire where he will be in half a second, very slight and only noticeable with few weapons)
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 10:07:17 PM by (TLL)KitLightning »

Offline CHH Jazz

• MWLL Developer
  • Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +1/-0
  • Sound Designer
Re: Aerospace Known Issues
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2009, 11:43:34 PM »
Aerospace speed seems fine after you hop out and hop back in. I'll double check in a sec here.

EDIT: We'll go with spotty cause I fo' sho' did this earlier today.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 11:50:26 PM by CHH Jazz »

Might before Metal - 35th Infantry Division, Star League Defense Force

Offline CHH Rabid

• MWLL 2D Artist
  • Apprentice Dev
  • Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +0/-0
  • CHH Star Colonel of 45th Mechanized Strike
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2009, 02:37:43 AM »
Also if you eject from VTOL or AERO during flight, sometimes your ejected player will freeze in space while the rest of the game goes on around you until the AERO or VTOL is hit again or destroyed.

MWLL 2D Artist - Main & In-Game Menus, Map Loading Screens, Animated Titles, Etc

Filmmaker in this life.

We confide in our strength, without boasting of it; we respect that of others, without fearing it.[/i]
[/url][/url]

Offline Tallen

• Bondsman
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2009, 01:27:33 AM »
-Aerospace cannot go forward if the "W" key is held down to early during power up (you must wait for it to despawn or acquire a new Aerospace...note this bug will not always occur)

I've only had this bug on SA_Extremity and have avoided it by sitting in the tower for a few extra seconds while my plane's being built rather than jumping right down to the tarmac.

Offline RoninShooter

• Bondsman
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2009, 09:13:04 PM »
When you land somewhere on the map, sometimes you cant power up again after reentering the aero. (Tested on Clearcut)

Offline Draks

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +0/-1
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2009, 09:44:06 PM »
When a wing is destroyed the aero will simply stop and fall gently to the ground.

Offline RoninShooter

• Bondsman
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2009, 06:12:42 PM »
Today i saw it too...  ;D So not a bug, a feature. Is it wanted, that the aero has no reverse? Its hard to repair an aero.   :-[

Offline UncleThomy

• Apprentice Dev
  • Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +23/-0
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2009, 09:00:21 PM »
sometimes SULLAs would explode if you run against them. (Are they really that light? Really?)
Sometimes you loose complete control if you fly on your back.

Offline [CW]Aresye

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +156/-1
  • Clan Wolf
    • Clan Wolf
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2010, 07:17:45 PM »
Don't know if it was intended this way, but I doubt it.  When using the tbolt carrying Sulla, I find on a good server you can accurately self-NARC targets, and then hit them with the tbolts.  However, when somebody on the ground would NARC or TAG a target, even when I knew exactly what target it was, the tbolts would go homing off with a mind of their own.  I've never been able to accurately attack a target on the ground with tbolts when somebody else tagged them, but as I said, self-NARCing works.

Offline MechPredator

• Lance Sergeant
  • KILL! KILL! KILL!
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2010, 10:48:41 PM »
When a wing is destroyed the aero will simply stop and fall gently to the ground.

Yeah, had the same sort of bug yesterday, an enemy tank took a shot at me and the aero was destroyed!  :P
Game Rig:
I7 860
Asus Maximus III formula
HD5870
8Gb DDR3 1600

For my "funny" MWLL pictures look here
Latest picture:"Smart Bombs"

Offline Akeldema

• Bondsman
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2010, 03:53:37 AM »
Don't know if it was intended this way, but I doubt it.  When using the tbolt carrying Sulla, I find on a good server you can accurately self-NARC targets, and then hit them with the tbolts.  However, when somebody on the ground would NARC or TAG a target, even when I knew exactly what target it was, the tbolts would go homing off with a mind of their own.  I've never been able to accurately attack a target on the ground with tbolts when somebody else tagged them, but as I said, self-NARCing works.

They seem to prioritize someone elses NARC over yours, I also had this bug today

Offline lessergod

• Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +33/-3
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2010, 09:41:08 AM »
Sometimes you loose complete control if you fly on your back.

I prefer to fly form my chair... no wonder you are loosing control :)
What does being a Clanner mean? No contractions: Neither verbal, nor physical!

Loremaster Emeritus
=Clan Diamond Shark=

Offline DeathYacht

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +5/-0
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2010, 04:18:03 PM »
I don't think any of these have been covered yet, so here goes:

1.  Wildlife noises in the cockpit as if you were walking on the ground (noticed on clearcut).  I probably couldn't hear birds and insects from in the cockpit over the engine!
2.  Realistic flight physics in a aerospace fighter.  I'm sure it's been noticed that the throttle and speed are directly related, that is I can't throttle down and glide, it's actually easier to fly this way, but maybe not realistic...
3.  VTOL forward speed, the VTOL seems really slow in forward speed, especially on extremity.

Offline Torashuu

• Bondsman
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2010, 01:34:53 AM »
Noticed that when arrows are fired at Aerofighters they do not give a missile warning.

Not sure if its a weapon feature or bug, and if its a bug not sure if its this way only on aircraft or on all vehicles.

Offline Arghy

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +21/-4
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2010, 04:46:09 AM »
Flying a sulla at night with nightvision on CTD's repeatedly whenever i fly straight up on clear cut.