Author Topic: Mech Known Issues  (Read 17207 times)

Offline Hellborn_N00b

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +0/-0
Re: Mech Known Issues
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2010, 08:36:14 AM »
not a big deal, but the madcat A variant shows that it is armed with a dual short range streak missile in the store, but when you buy it it has an LRM 20. I'd prefer the dual streak.....

Offline (TLL)KitLightning

• Resident Necromancer
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +524/-2
  • πάντα ρει, και ουδέν μένει
    • The Living Legends
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2010, 12:02:41 AM »
not a big deal, but the madcat A variant shows that it is armed with a dual short range streak missile

A Ticket has been submitted. Thanks for the report. Also please post such issues in the Bug Reports, this topic is for general issues concerning all assets designated as a 'Mech.

BUG Reports                                    Technical Issues                                       Install Errors

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~Albert Einstein
                                     "It'll take time to restore chaos" ~George W. Bush

Offline [IPA] Bravo Cadett

• Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +4/-0
    • Dream Team Leipzig
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2010, 10:27:08 PM »
dont know if this is the right threat but, i have a problem with the ERPPC/Gauss Warhammer, i cant auto buy Lightgauss ammo, works only i press , (not .) so that i have to buy i manual ... problem for me , every time i press m oder , i have a 1-2 sec lag ... dont know why but i know its a general problem with my PC and Crysis @.@

Offline Pytak

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +79/-0
  • Weekend Warrior
    • pytak.net
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2010, 10:38:27 PM »
I've been experiencing the noclip bug in the hangar exactly as you guys describe it (that is: falling through the stairway/jumping through the roof/my brand new mech's sinking in the floor, and I get an invisible wall when trying to exit my bay).

Dunno if this workaround has been posted before (sorry if it was), but the easiest method that works 95% of the time for me is to back out through the wall behind you. Or if you've left the bay but get clipped at the exit, glitch yourself out through the wall at the other end.

Hope I helped, and sorry if I posted something/somewhere wrong - I'm new here. And of course, except that bug (and several others that are less annoying and I'm sure have been reported before), the mod is full of awesomesauce and made me feel several years younger back to the time when I used to play mechwarrior 4 online ;]
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 02:51:07 AM by Pytak »

Offline Killer-Bee

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +8/-5
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2010, 10:45:17 AM »
EDIT: moved to bug reports
Add a better camper weapon to stop camping.... i still dont get it.

Offline Colddawg

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +0/-3
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2010, 08:02:58 PM »
the torso twist on the Clan mechs is TOO SLOW!

fix it.

Offline Aidan

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +47/-6
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2010, 01:44:41 AM »
Mech doesn't want to turn left/right when standing still (may be related to joystick configuration?).

Center Torso button works backwards: Should bring the legs to the compass heading of the torso. Presently, it moves your torso to the direction of the legs. This seems possibly related to the above item. In both cases, when the mech is standing still, it should be able to change direction by moving its legs.

Resurrecting this. I think this is worth mentioning again. The legs of the Mech should be able to march in place as the mech is turned. The way it is now, for a mech standing still, is one press of the A or D key causes the mech to start moving forward at 10kph. Another animation state may need to be added to correct this.

When a mech is standing still the only things that should cause it to translate or move across the surface it is on is a throttle command or an external force of some kind. IMHO. Turning the mech,  any torso movements, or jump jets should not cause the mech to move in a lateral direction. Unless I have missed the fact that the devs have implemented directional Jump Jets for mechs directly from a stand still position.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 10:19:03 PM by Aidan »

Intel Core i7 @ 3.50GHz, AMD/ATI HD6990 LCS, Catalyst Control Center V12.8, 6GB Tri-Channel Dram, 640GB HD, 128GB SSD, DirectX 11,  Windows 7 Pro (64 bit), Corsair 1200 Watt Power Supply, Liquid Cooled GPU and CPU.

Offline Aidan

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +47/-6
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2010, 01:47:57 AM »

fix it.

If you are using a JoyStick, the torso twist speed can be adjusted with the joystick.cfg file.

See this thread -> http://www.mechlivinglegends.net/forum/index.php/topic,8387.15.html

Intel Core i7 @ 3.50GHz, AMD/ATI HD6990 LCS, Catalyst Control Center V12.8, 6GB Tri-Channel Dram, 640GB HD, 128GB SSD, DirectX 11,  Windows 7 Pro (64 bit), Corsair 1200 Watt Power Supply, Liquid Cooled GPU and CPU.

Offline Social-Pariah

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +0/-0
  • Soulless Predator
    • Steam ID
« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2010, 08:35:29 PM »

fix it.

Depends entirely on the mech, and that's simply their limitations, you want a faster torso, use a different mech.

"What is defeat? Nothing but education; nothing but the first step to something better."
Wendell Phillips (1811 - 1884)

Offline HAARP

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +212/-1
  • I regret nothing
    • Clan Jade Wolf
« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2010, 08:16:18 AM »
Resurrecting this. I think this is worth mentioning again. The legs of the Mech should be able to march in place as the mech is turned. The way it is now, for a mech standing still, is one press of the A or D key causes the mech to start moving forward at 10kph. Another animation state may need to be added to correct this.
I completely agree. I wouldn't even mind slowly walking forward if I didn't have to hammer X afterwards every time I turn a bit  >:(
don't bother sending me PMs, I probably won't be reading them in time.

Offline ELH_Vivicector

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +49/-4
« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2011, 03:06:43 PM »
I believe a cockpit on Mauler needs fixing. Well... You know that balk (girder, hollow, beam - what is the right word?) in front of your view. It obscures the view heavily and makes a mech much less effective. It is just strange. I mean, no engineer will leave this girder in front of the view of a pilot. It is just ridiculous.

I believe, it should be made much smaller or removed at all.

Offline CGB [CoffiNail]

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +101/-0
  • Khan of Clan Ghost Bear International
    • Clan Ghost Bear International
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2011, 05:44:57 PM »
I believe a cockpit on Mauler needs fixing. Well... You know that balk (girder, hollow, beam - what is the right word?) in front of your view. It obscures the view heavily and makes a mech much less effective. It is just strange. I mean, no engineer will leave this girder in front of the view of a pilot. It is just ridiculous.

Canon wise mechwarriors do not need to see out of their mech visually at all.

Offline =KoS= Tripod

• Alphatester
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +138/-0
    • Kos Boards
« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2011, 05:59:35 PM »

That girder is the only thing separating you from an HGauss to the face!

YOU BETTER RESPECT IT
serious answer: Yeah, it's annoying

Offline ELH_Vivicector

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +49/-4
« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2011, 08:05:14 PM »
Canon wise mechwarriors do not need to see out of their mech visually at all.
Could never understand canon at this point. Mechs have cockpit windows, but pilots use holographic projections... What is the need for windows then?

Offline CGB [CoffiNail]

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +101/-0
  • Khan of Clan Ghost Bear International
    • Clan Ghost Bear International
« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2011, 08:16:09 PM »
Too many humans would go crazy in a enclosed in can?