Author Topic: Mech Known Issues  (Read 18227 times)

Offline Cygma

• MWLL Developer
  • Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +65/-1
    • 7th Regiment Wolfs Dragoons
Re: Mech Known Issues
« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2011, 08:26:28 PM »
How about "it looks cooler"? ;)
<Insert cool content here>

Offline CGB [CoffiNail]

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +101/-0
  • Khan of Clan Ghost Bear International
    • Clan Ghost Bear International
« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2011, 08:34:31 PM »
Well, i was going to say asthetics, but i think it would more be due to mech pilots being in their mech for days at a time in some cases... well Inner Sphere cases. According to canon, Clan mechs do not even have a place to pee.

Offline Ghogiel

• MWLL Developer
  • Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +60/-0
« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2011, 10:34:49 PM »
Real mechwarriors just hold it.

Seriously though.... I am worried my summoner will be similar. though it is higher up on that one.. depending where you place the 1st person camera. I have been thinking of changing that a lot.

Offline Waffnuffly

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +73/-0
  • Up next on the Violence Channel: "Oww, My Balls!"
« Reply #48 on: July 01, 2011, 12:37:07 AM »
I've observed a hilarious bug while jumpjetting in Shadowcats (and I think also in an Orisis once or twice):

If you jump forwards and fly into a rock, sometimes, instead of stopping in your tracks, your mech will FLY backwards about 3-4x farther than you had originally jumped. Not so funny when you're trying to escape and get shot right back into your enemy's lap. :T

Dunno if this is MWLL or just Crysis freaking out, but there you have it. I had it happen once or twice before 0.5, but it's been a little more frequent in the latest version.

Offline Filvas

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +7/-0
« Reply #49 on: May 02, 2012, 04:55:26 PM »
I've observed a hilarious bug while jumpjetting in Shadowcats (and I think also in an Orisis once or twice):

If you jump forwards and fly into a rock, sometimes, instead of stopping in your tracks, your mech will FLY backwards about 3-4x farther than you had originally jumped. Not so funny when you're trying to escape and get shot right back into your enemy's lap. :T

Dunno if this is MWLL or just Crysis freaking out, but there you have it. I had it happen once or twice before 0.5, but it's been a little more frequent in the latest version.

I've had this one happen to me several times. I've just blaimed lag and pilot error so far. :P

Offline Spooky

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +159/-37
  • my little pwny
« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2012, 04:58:03 PM »
Yes, very frustrating when it happens. Most of the time it only catapults you back to the exact same place were you started your jump, but sometimes it catapults you three or four times the distance back, as you described. It's probably the Crysis physics engine freaking out.

Offline Bruno_007

• Apprentice Dev
  • Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +90/-0
  • Osiris hats: sold out. ~Str1k3r
« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2012, 12:07:40 AM »
In the forward mech bases in Kagoshima, there's a spot or two between containers that often makes it happen, when the legs get trapped. :P

Usually jumping against a hill, if the landing animation is made on a steep ledge, works sometimes too.
Tools and I:
   - MWLL Online Launcher (LAN UDP Forwarder) - evolution of past "Le Proof of Concepto" project: connect without Gamespy via packet redirection;
   - Vehicle Browser - "Pocket Wiki" ©okaolias (not really that though);
   - Rconnect 4.3 - Server tools: map manager/player voting add-ons;
   - CryHammer - Validates Patch/CDKey of Crysis Wars (now unable to validate CDKey due to turned off Gamespy servers).